Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invention laws

Are those companies that advertise on TV to help you with your inventions legit?

Or is that kind of a scam?

I have a great new idea but I am not sure where to really turn next?

Re: Invention laws

Originally posted by Sideway View Post
    Are those companies that advertise on TV to help you with your inventions legit?

Or is that kind of a scam?
    I would be very cautious and thoroughly investigate any company that advertises on TV that they can help you with your invention.

Originally posted by Sideway View Post

I have a great new idea but I am not sure where to really turn next?
    You would be better off hiring a patent attorney to see if your invention is really new and can be patented.

You would have attorney/client privilege so your invention is less likely to be poached during the patent process.

Comment

Re: Invention laws

I wish to inform you that OED maintains a register of active patent practitioners who are eligible to represent others before the USPTO in patent matters. You may also consider the services of the Law School Clinic Certification or Patent Pro Bono programs.

AFF

Comment

For starters, it is virtually impossible to sell or submit an idea to any major company without first filing a patent. Most invent help companies do not protect your idea or invention by filing a patent for you. To protect your invention from the get-go, it is best to try to obtain a patent from the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) on your own. Contracting for the services of an invention promotion firm is no different from making many other major purchases. Investigate the company before you make any commitment. Call the USPTO at 1-866-767-3848, and the Better Business Bureau, the consumer protection agency, and the Attorney General in your state or city, and in the state or city where the company is headquartered. Under the American Inventors Protection Act of 1999, invention promoters must give you the names and addresses of all invention promotion companies they have been affiliated with over the past 10 years. Use this information to determine whether the company you're considering doing business with has been subject to complaints or legal action.

Comment

My understanding is plenty of disreputable companies file a temporary patent on your behalf, when it expires in a year, they take up the patent in their own name, depriving you of your rights. I suggest you obtain a patent atty, to obtain a permanent patent, then seek an investor if needed.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Have the patent attorney do the temporary patent (provisional patent) to start which does not cost that much.
            Then you can see if you really need to do the full patent and you have some time to see what opportunities may exist.

Comment

I would stay away from those late night TV ad people.
              Anything else is better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X