X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trademark inquiries - (Canada)

Hi,

I have a few inquiries about registering a new trademark. The trademark I would like to register is currently available in Canada. Here are my questions:

1. There is another company that may potentially come to Canada in need of the name. If I trademark the name, will they be able to operate their company or app under this name in Canada? I basically want to buy the name so that I (either as an individual or company) can be the only one to use it in Canada and to insure that they cannot use it for their business name and app name if they decide to come here.
    2. Is it a trademark that I should be going after or is there anything else that is better suited for this scenario?
    3. Can I buy multiple trademarks at once (even if I need to register multiple forms)? Because from what I know, you can get the name trademarked based on intention to use it even though you haven't used it before.

Please let me know if I should clarify anything

Thanks,

Dan

re: Trademark inquiries - (Canada)

I wish to inform you that it may amount to Trademark squatting. As a Trademark squatter you can either make big money if the other party buys the Trademark from you or the matter may be taken to Court which may delay the entry of the other party into Canada.

AFF

Comment

Re: Trademark inquiries - (Canada)

I see. Can anything negative happen to me if they go to court or would I be completely safe?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X