Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Ceo Tim Cook stole my idea

hi last year october 5 2012 i had sent an email to Apple Ceo Tim Cook in his personal email address about an idea for their new device. but then after WWDC 2013 i noticed one of the features of their new IOS 7 was the idea i emailed him. isnt that infringement? can i file a lawsuit against the CEO or the tech giant? thanks in advance

Re: Apple Ceo Tim Cook stole my idea

I wish to inform you that if you have patent of your trademark then you can take action. As you have emailed your business idea then you may take action if you can show some remuneration was promised to you or some agreement with you has been made. In the absence of patent or agreement for remuneration it may be difficult to obtain relief.

AFF

Comment

I am not disputing your claim. It would certainly behoove you to research the issue deeper, due to the potential payout, however, generally speaking, ideas incorporated into OS and manufacturing are generally in place more than a year before production. I would investigate the patents registered with the US patent office to see if this is the case.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

thanks guys.well he didnt or respond to my email after i stated already the idea.i dont have patents because i dont have the cash to do so thats why i emailed him my idea.isnt that enough evidence?unless apple can show me something that this idea was in their line up for their new software years ago.

Comment

The burden of proof is on you. It is not on Apple.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Originally posted by patfreak View Post
            hi last year october 5 2012 i had sent an email to Apple Ceo Tim Cook in his personal email address about an idea for their new device. but then after WWDC 2013 i noticed one of the features of their new IOS 7 was the idea i emailed him. isnt that infringement? can i file a lawsuit against the CEO or the tech giant? thanks in advance
            There was nothing to infringe upon. Without a non disclosure agreement signed by both before you made Apple privy to the idea, you have no protection whatsoever. You GAVE it to Apple.

You had no patent to be infringed upon.

Comment

sad.so people with the money make the world go round. my idea--stolen by Apple patent it--make it their own because they have lots of money and i have enough.sucks!i never gave it..

They try to fight piracy but even them does it.
              Thanks Guys!

Comment

Again, you can certainly research whether Apple had a patent pending before you sent them the idea and pursue a case, if a lawyer feels one is present. You have done nothing here except make a claim without substantiating it by research.

sad.so people with the money make the world go round. my idea--stolen by Apple patent it--make it their own because they have lots of money and i have enough.sucks!i never gave it..

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Thanks Guys!
                  People who come up with ideas for inventions need to protect themselves by patenting it or having the other party sign a non disclosure agreement. The same thing happened to the guy who came up with the corrugated cardboard holder around hot coffee cups who presented it to Starbucks. They used the idea and never paid him a dime.

I stand by my first response on this. You GAVE the idea to Apple without indicating it was proprietary information, first, by not requiring them to sign a non disclosure agreement first. Or not applying for patent, first.

A hard, expensive lesson to learn. But do not let that dissuade you from continuing to invent. Just go about it the right way next time. Sample non disclosure agreements can be found online.

Comment

Actually, incorrect. That said it is an uphill battle to regain your rights. In order to regain control, you need to establish to the courts satisfaction a "Confidential Relationship" existed. This is not a do it yourself matter and will be very expensive. As I said, the first step is to research if they patented the idea before you submitted it. Here is an article discussing the concept.

How to Protect Your Invention When Pitching It | Nolo.com

Originally posted by Friend In Court View Post
                    People who come up with ideas for inventions need to protect themselves by patenting it or having the other party sign a non disclosure agreement. The same thing happened to the guy who came up with the corrugated cardboard holder around hot coffee cups who presented it to Starbucks. They used the idea and never paid him a dime.

I stand by my first response on this. You GAVE the idea to Apple without indicating it was proprietary information, first, by not requiring them to sign a non disclosure agreement first. Or not applying for patent, first.

A hard, expensive lesson to learn. But do not let that dissuade you from continuing to invent. Just go about it the right way next time. Sample non disclosure agreements can be found online.

Comment

if they not patented it.can i file a lawsuit?i live in the philippines.do you know someone a lawyer thats willing to help me pursue this case?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X