Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outsourcing Work (who owns it?)

I am interested in publishing a book (just self publishing it on my own).

I want to outsource some work.

First, to get some artwork done.

Second, to get an audio transcription of the book done.

And finally, to get some logos done.

My question: If I outsource this work on Fiverr.com, who owns the work?

Say I outsource some artwork (or anything), do I own that work?

Is the nature of an outsourced job on Fiverr that the buyer then owns it?

Finally, would a message on Fiverr.com indicating that I have full commercial rights be enough to warrant full ownership?

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Outsourcing Work (who owns it?)

Make a note in your ad that you will require a signed release of rights be included with each project completion, as you plan on attempting to market the ending compilation. Draw up or have a lawyer draw up a legal release.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Would a simple release stating that I own 100% legal and 100% commercial rights be sufficient?

Thanks for your valuable time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneJohnson View Post
        Would a simple release stating that I own 100% legal and 100% commercial rights be sufficient?

Thanks for your valuable time.
        It is considered bad form to link information from a particular commercial site. I suggest you Google "example of assignment of all legal rights to work". You will find what you need.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Yes, you should own those all work. Because you are paying to them for the work getting done as outsourcing work to somebody else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X