Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography Licensing - License Agreement

I've had an instrest in photography for some time now.
    However I may soon be either selling or giving rights to use some of my photos. And to make things crystal clear and protect myself I want things in writing.

I have made a "generic" document, but would like to know how well it will protect me and if there is anything I should change etc.

Thanks in advance.
    DJ Manning
    License Agreement <my contact details>

Licensee Details
    Name:
    ABN:
    Address:
    Phone (B/H):
    Phone (A/H):
    Mobile:
    Email:

Photograph(s) Details
    Reference Number(s):

Description:

Agreement
    I, DJ Manning, hereby grant permission for the licensee to print/modify/publish the photograph(s) as described on this form as so long as the following conditions are met.
    At all times the copyright of the detailed photograph(s) remains the property of the photographer DJ Manning.

Conditions
    a) The licensee may make use of no more then ____ photograph(s).
    b) This license is valid for ____ publication(s).
    c) This license is not transferable and expires on __/__/20__.
    d) Commercial use of the photograph(s) is approved / forbidden (circle).
    e) The licensee has made payment to the sum of $________.

Signed

Name: DJ Manning
    Signed:
    Date: __/__/20__
    Witnessed:

Name:
    Signed:
    Date: __/__/20__
    Witnessed:

re: Photography Licensing - License Agreement

It is simple but for basic agreements on lower dollar issues it should help you enforce your agreements/rights, yes.

Comment

Re: Photography Licensing - License Agreement

I'm not sure if this is the right forum thread for my question, but I have an issue on the opposite side of this post. I dated a photographer who took some nude photos of me during the time we dated. He ended up cheating on me, and our relationship ended. He decided to post these photos on his public website to promote his photography business (I think he is now co-partners with his new girlfriend).

I respectfully sent multiple emails asking him to remove them due to several reasons. I did not agree to have the photos taken of me used for the purpose of furthering his co-owned photography business. It is a violation of my privacy, since he works with my current boyfriend, and I could also lose my job due to the nature of the photos (I'm a government employee). I did not sign a release form that I know of. I asked him to provide a copy if I did, and he refuses to answer my emails. Being that he will not provide me a copy, I can reasonable assume that one does not exist. I'm not an unreasonable person, and if I signed one then I would drop the issue.

He is of the viewpoint that the licensing of the use of the photos belongs to him to do as he pleases. However, the photos were taken in a private location (his studio). They were not taken in a public place and I was not asked permission to have them used in this manner. What are my rights in order to have them removed?

Thank you,
      -Kathryn

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X