Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cease and desist letter from Adidas America, Inc.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cease and desist letter from Adidas America, Inc.

great comments here, i will follow everybody's advice

I received my "warning" and demand from the lawyers to pay by EMAIL by the way...odd...

Comment

• I have been talking with the firm via phone and email for some time.

Same old story but a bit more talking and back and forthand a settlement that was pretty nuts!

“Deadline” passed and they reached out and I gave them a few days and replied stating they have no basis and asked to please stop extorting for funds.. and to my knowledge, the shoes were Authentic and we never got a single complain from the 30+ pairs we’ve sold.

Comment

• Re: Cease and desist letter from Adidas America, Inc.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I have been talking with the firm via phone and email for some time.

Same old story but a bit more talking and back and forthand a settlement that was pretty nuts!

“Deadline” passed and they reached out and I gave them a few days and replied stating they have no basis and asked to please stop extorting for funds.. and to my knowledge, the shoes were Authentic and we never got a single complain from the 30+ pairs we’ve sold.
        That's the approach most seem to use with success.
        Those law firms do sometimes seem to be extorting people.

Comment

• I am going to stop any adidas sales but ill that still keep them off my back? They keep demanding payment by email.

Comment

• I don't know how they can so clearly state that the goods are fake.
            I paid a reasonable price for them.
            They haven't even seen them!

Comment

• I am sure 99% of the people that are selling fakes KNOW that they are fakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                I have been talking with the firm via phone and email for some time.

I took the same approach and they went away, like a fly that finally departs.

Comment

• Have they ever really hauled a small business person into court?

Comment

• Read all the above. Not often...but they are forceful in protecting the brand, as they should be.

Comment

• Yikes I just got one too?

I really am thankful for all the advice posted here or I would have been in a panic. Even though I don't feel I have done anything wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by dieseltdogg View Post
                        Re: Cease and desist letter from Adidas America, Inc.

I got my second letter today by email. First letter came by email and regular mail. I have several jerseys on EBAY and they only pulled a Drew Brees jersey so I just sold that one via craigslist and none of the others were pulled even though they were reebok as well. I am sure it is just an email that goes out to everyone they pull from the site. They would be tied up in legal troubles for the rest of their lives if they tried to take anyone to court. Imagine how many of these letters go out a day. I am selling the remainder of my jerseys and quitting if they can look at a pic and say I am infringing on their trademark. Ridiculous!
                        I agree , thanks for the help!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X