Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B processing put on hold. Can I apply for F2?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B processing put on hold. Can I apply for F2?

I am an Indian citizen, and have a job in the USA. About two year ago my when I finished my studies in the USA and got the job, my visa status changed easily from F1 (student) to H1B and since then was working the USA.

When I came back to India on a short vacation, I appeared for a VISA interview to get an H1B stamping in my passport. My visa interview took place on Dec 29 2009 in New Delhi. My visa processing has been put on hold and I was given a 221(g) form requiring me to submit several additional documents. Even though I have submitted all the documents it seems that visa processing in this situation can take several months. I am stuck in India. Besides my work, I am also worried about my apartment and car in the USA.

Most importantly, my husband is studying (on F1 visa) in the USA. Is it possible that while my H1B processing is on hold I apply for a dependent visa (F2) on my husband's F1? If yes, what is the application procedure and do I need to tell the VISA officer during the interview about my H1B application currently on hold?

Re: H1B processing put on hold. Can I apply for F2?

I wish to inform you that you can have multiple visa but you can use only one at a time. While you are on F2 visa you may not take up job legally. For this, you can file for F2 visa at US Consulate. You will have to fill Form I-20 or DS-2019. Along with this you need to show that your spouse is having a strong financial background to support you and a marriage certificate to show your marriage. In case in the interview the officer asks you about your H1B visa you will have to inform them about your H1B status.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X