Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer unlawfully keeping the Green Card

My family and I arrived in the U.S. in December 2006 on employment based (Nurse)immigrant visa. My employer made me to sign three different employment contracts and a promisory note for $ 45,000 in case if I breach the contract. She infact threatened me that if I do not sign the promisory note, she will revoke or cancel my green card and send us back to my country. This happened just few days after our arrival. I signed the promisory note just to have peace of mind and also because we were in a new country and helpless and not in a mental condition to have a confrontation with my employer. Now almost after 4 months have passed and I am working for the employer on regular basis and I am unable to obtain our Green Cards. When I contacted the USCIS, I was told that our Green Cards were mailed to my employer's address on Dec. 18, 2006. However my employer keep on giving me excuses that there is a problem with her mails delivery and not giving me a clear answer whether or not she received the green cards. But she never said she did not receive our cards. I would highly appreciate your valuble advice.

Re: Employer unlawfully keeping the Green Card

Report the employer to Immigration--that is fraud and is illegal.

Comment

Re: Employer unlawfully keeping the Green Card

You can get all information under FOIA act. You can contact a lawyer or you can do it yourself

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X