X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage of convenience for green card

Hi,

I was thinking of doing this for a female friend of mine who desperately wants to obtain her green card, we know each other a while and she is sincere and has offered to compensate me for this financially.
    I am a single male, US citizen, never married before, and i do not believe either of us want to live together as in a traditional marriage set-up, this is just to help her obtain her green card.

How does the law look upon this ?

If i was to agree to do this for her what exactly is involved does anyone know,? and is it taking a risk,? would this also change my tax status.?
    Would i need to hire an attorney for my protection if i was to go ahead and do this.? or not necessary?

How long does the process take in total to have her get her green card,? and then later when i want to get married for real would i first need to file for a divorce from her,? and could that end up making things messy later for me when i am married for real to my true love.

Thanks, i appreciate anybody who could help me with these answers, and if anybody has actually had the experience of doing this, then that would be even better.

Re: Marriage of convenience for green card

Penalties for marriage fraud include sentences of up to 5 years and/or a $250,000 fine. You should ask yourself if you think it's worth the risk before you enter into a fraudulent marriage.
    http://bidsfromlawyers.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X