Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am seperated and a permanent resident in the U.S.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am seperated and a permanent resident in the U.S.

I am a legal immigrant, got married and now a permanent resident in USA, 11 months after my marriage i found that my spouse has been a scammer before i met her and kept those scammer friends during our marriage, now i am seperated from her. my question is can i loose my green card because of seperating from her?

Re: I am seperated and a permanent resident in the U.S.

I wish to inform you that in case you are having a permanent green card (not a conditional green card) then the likely effect of divorce is that your citizenship will get delayed by two years. There is a requirement for stay of three years in case you are married to a US national and five years otherwise before you can apply for citizenship. The immigration status remains the same after divorce for permanent green card holder.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X