The United States Arbitration Corporation (USAC)

USAC Banner 300x250

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary green card (Conditional)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary green card (Conditional)

What if the couple seperate or divorce during the two year conditional period een though they entered into the marriage in good faith? Can I still be granted the renewal of my conditional card? How does proving that you entered into the marriage in good faith?

Re: Temporary green card (Conditional)

No you will not be granted renewal.
    The burden of proof is on both parties to agree that the marriage was in good faith. The separation or divorce indicates without doubt that the marriage wasn't in good faith.

Comment

No you will not be granted renewal.
      The burden of proof is on both parties to agree that the marriage was in good faith. The separation or divorce indicates without doubt that the marriage wasn't in good faith. I addition, it's unlikely that your spouse will say anything favorable regarding your character and intentions towards marriage.

Comment

It is not certain you would be denied...You are allowed to try to show it was originally in good faith.

Comment

It really depends on how long you were maried, and what you did while you were married, you started working there, established a credit, started studying, etc; if you did all these things you have a good change of getting approved for the permanent one

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X