X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 student and online business 2

Very similar to the thread down there.
    I am an international student (F1 visa status) and thinking about opening an online business. I am considering to put online advertisement (e.g. Google Ads) on the web page to make very small amount of money that will solely be spent to the purpose of maintaining the web page (domain name fee, server fee, etc.). I mean the income and expenditure will be zeroed out, so I am making no profit personally.

If this is the case, can I open the online business and put online advertisements on it?

Thank you.

Re: F1 student and online business 2

technically you are not supposed to be in engaged in other business activities--but this sounds almost more like a hobby...

Comment

Yes, it almost is.
      I said "business" because of the advertisement part.
      Is this still "illegal"?

Comment

Not if basically a hobby...

Comment

its not illegal if you resgister the business as an LLC and as an international owner

Comment

And if its to get money ?
            Is an LLC legal ?
            Is it easy to change its visa status ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X