USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Need to get back to US! Mom has cancer

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need to get back to US! Mom has cancer

    Ok here's a little background on us. I'm a US citizen. My husband was in the process of getting a greencard when i met him in 2001. He used to be a drug addict. He was convicted of possession of heroin in 2003 and 2005, just for personal use. Immigration caught up with him in 2009 and he was granted voluntary departure. He left the country before the given date and checked in with the embassy upon his arrival to Israel. At the embassy they told him that he can never come back to the states even though he wasn't deported and left on his own because it is a drug related felony. I came to Israel in 2009 six months after him, and we got married in 2010. He went through a very intense treatment program or his addiction and has been clean for the past three years. We have made a life here and weren't really planning on going back to the states, but we just got the news that his mother has cancer, the bad kind. His entire family is living in the states and so is mine. We need to go be with his mother and I don't know where to start with the immigration or at least getting a visa for him to visit his mom. I don't know if its possible at all... Does anyone know if its possible and where do I start?

  • #2
    Re: Need to get back to US! Mom has cancer

    You can start with the Department of State, the US Embassy in Israel, since you are a US citizen. And perhaps they will advice how to work with ICE to get a visa for visit due to the circumstances.


    • #3
      Re: Need to get back to US! Mom has cancer

      I wish to inform you that your husband may apply for non immigrant visa. He may explain the circumstances about his mother. He may request for a I-212 waiver. If he can show his "non-immigrant" intention then he may be granted a waiver and a non-immigrant visa.



      • #4
        Re: Need to get back to US! Mom has cancer

        Thank you for your replies! I will go to the embassy and try to inquire about the I-212 waiver. Of course we would love to move back there but as I understand it is pretty much impossible with the current immigration laws A visit would be enough just so he could see his mom through this difficult time.


        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

        the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

        widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.