USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about if there is a chance to go back to the USA if...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about if there is a chance to go back to the USA if...

Good day everyone, first of all i'm new on here and I saw this site which I see really interested. Well my name is Luis, I'm from Mexico City, and I lived in the USA for 8 years, I was in Murfreesboro, TN. and made tons of friends, finished high school in there and worked there, illegally but I paid taxes and claim them. Well back in 2011 I got pulled over one night I got off work cause apparently a sheriff thought that my car was suspicious because it was at 3 in the morning and there was "couple calls saying that there was a black car stealing car parts" well I was on probation for driving without a license and well as everyone knows back in 2005 a lot of states took the driving license and permits for immigrants and no one could get one unless you were a resident, citizen, or had a visa. Well they told me that since I violated probation I had to go to jail but I could of get out with a bond. Well I called my mom and told her that I needed $250.00 bucks to bond out, so as soon as I finished the called, they call me up front cause I had a phone call... Well soon enough I picked the call and it was an immigration officer telling me that I was going to be on a hold until they picked me up and take finger prints and my info. as well as pictures and stuff... so I was locked up for 5 days, then I went to Nashville, TN. to get all that stuff done there since there was the DHS office. After all that done, there was no criminal or felony status founded, nor immigration history, cause it was my first time and I only had misdemeanor history that was for driving without a license because in Murfreesboro there is no transportation and all my friends were either busy with school or work when I needed a ride to go to work. Anyways, they gave me 2 options. 1. Was to sign for a voluntary deportation and get a 5 year bar for not coming back to the States, or 2 was a $5000 dollar bond and go see a judge, well I called my mom and told her to get 5000 dollars out of my bank account cause I was saving up to go to either NADC or UNOH for the Auto mechanic school but at UNOH I wanted to go for the performance auto school. Well she took that money out of my account and paid the bond and I got out, I then, went to see couple lawyers to see if I could get a chance for at list a work permit to stay in the USA but most said that since I wasn't married, or had any kids born in the USA, or had over 10 years living in the USA. The only way I could get out of a banned on the US. was to ask the Judge to grand me with a voluntary departure, and will have no issues on going back as long as I do it legally, which I want to, I start working at Olive Garden and soon in October there will be a Red Lobster here in Mexico City which will be the first Red Lobster in here, and I already worked there for 3 years as a baker, and production, so I have knowledge on that restaurant, and soon to do an admission exam for college in here cause I want to do Hospitality and Tourism career since there is no auto performance school in here. So well the judge grand me with a voluntary departure and she was surprised because she saw my record and even showed her my HS diploma and she even said "you aren't a criminal or someone that would put in danger to this country, we really want people like you in this country" but of course she couldn't do anything because I didn't hire a lawyer so she grant me with that Voluntary Departure, and she gave me to live on or before march 30th of 2012, and I left 2 days before the time was given, which was on march 28th 2012, I went to the embassy the next day so the DHS office here in Mexico City could sign the paper saying I got back to my country on the day that the judge gave me, so I got a copy of that paper that the officer signed, and got my money back from the bond, which was 5000 dollars, so its been a year and I can't get used to my country since I left when I was about to be 13, so I would like to see if there Is an issue to apply for a tourist visa or do I have to do a waiver and then apply for a Visa? hope to get an answer as soon as possible. Thank you so much and have a good day everyone, god bless everyone.

Re: Question about if there is a chance to go back to the USA if...

Your family in the US can certainly attempt to get you a visa. I would not hold my breath about receiving it.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I wish to inform you that any alien who has been deported or removed from the United States is inadmissible to the United States unless the alien has remained outside of the United States for five consecutive years since the date of deportation or removal. You may apply for permission to reapply for admission to the United States. You may file Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States after Deportation or Removal, to the consular officer if that officer is willing to accept the application, and recommends to the district director that the alien be permitted to apply.

AFF

Comment

ok sweet, well I have no family in the U.S. anymore and if I have well all I know they might be living illegally there.
        But now AFFA an immigration officer said that I didn't had to wait for long time like the ones that got deported because i'm leaving the USA Voluntary at my own expenses, I could apply for a visa as long as I get a job and worked for couple years, and I was in school and had couple properties in my name, so there could be easy to get a visa to go back, I mean all my friends said that if I need recommendation letters, they would write good letters and send it to me so I can show the officer that I really ain't a criminal or a bad person. Even my teachers and the SRO officers which now one works as a Sheriff patrolling the streets, and the other one works at the Rutherford County Jail would send recommendation letters as well because they knew me when I was in high school and even saw when I cross the stage. So would that be a great idea so the Immigration officer sees that I am not a bad person and probably would be a path to get a visa? I mean I'm looking to go apply for one either next year or in 2015, but if I have to wait 5 years and not to deal with all this stuff then I can do 4 more years in here and go from there, what way do you guys recommend me to do? I really miss the United States, if there was a chance for me to pay a fine to get a resident card or at least a work or student visa then I would do it as well as the U.S. Citizenship test so they see I learn about the U.S. history at school and that I know more about the History of the United States than the one of my own country, I also have my FBI Criminal background history so would that be a great idea also to show to the Immigration officer when I go ahead and apply for the visa? and show him that I paid taxes and prove him that I claimed taxes and show him my taxes number? Thank you for your time and I'm sorry if I have a bad spelling. All I can say is that I got that country accent on me already and I ain't going to lie but I love the south. Especially Tennessee. well the whole U.S. period, I want to be back to my second home and to my second family.
        Thank you guys and god bless you all.

Comment

Generally speaking, USCIS will not grant visas to Mexican nationals unless they can prove sufficiently compelling ties that will cause them to return home. You do not have a well paying job nor significant property interests. You are not getting a visa. I'm sorry.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
            Generally speaking, USCIS will not grant visas to Mexican nationals unless they can prove sufficiently compelling ties that will cause them to return home. You do not have a well paying job nor significant property interests. You are not getting a visa. I'm sorry.
            Well once Red Lobster opens here, i'll be promoted as an Assistant Manager, and if I work hard enough, then i'll be moving to cancun since they are going to be couple red lobsters and will become a Manager, and probably by that time which we are talking about 3-5 years, i'll be having an apartment and at least 2 cars, along with me attending to school. So there might be a chance there. but thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X