Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is an I-212 required if;

I was removed under the provision of Exclusion from the U.S. under Section 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(1).

According to the instruction on the I-212; an alien who is inadmissible under section 212(a)(9)(A) or (C) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) is required to obtain "permission to apply" before the alien can lawfully return to the United States.

Do I require to obtain the" consent to reapply for admission"?

Re: Is an I-212 required if;

What do you mean by "removed"? How long were you present in the US illegally?
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
      What do you mean by "removed"? How long were you present in the US illegally?
      I was detained at a crossing for a conviction dating back 21yrs. I was charged with trying to elude examination. I didn't have an I-195. 24hrs later I plead guilty to tile 8 1325(a)(2) and returned to Canada.

Comment

What was your conviction?

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

What was your conviction?
          "A crime designated as an aggravated felony." Drug trafficking. I have received an I-195 in the past on two occasions, this time it had not been approved at the time I tried to cross. Yes I knew. So now I'm being told that I have to get an I-212, hence my question.

Comment

You are ineligible due to your drug conviction. USCIS does not allow those convicted of drug felonies to enter the US. Actually, Canada doesn't allow people from the US with drug felonies to enter there either.

Comment

You are ineligible due to your drug conviction. USCIS does not allow those convicted of drug felonies to enter the US. Actually, Canada doesn't allow people from the US with drug felonies to enter there either.
              Correct, but I have been crossing back and forth for the past twenty years with a valid I-195. This time I did not have a valid I-195 as it expired and a new one has not been issued as of yet. The irony is that this occurrence will not affect it. Except that I was told that I now require an I-212 due to this latest occurrence. But, reading through the documents it occurred to me that an I-212 is necessary when removed under section 212(a)(9)(A) or (C). I was removed under Section 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(1). And according to my readings there is a large difference in the two statues. Thus, do I require to obtain the " consent to reapply for admission"? So I'm looking for a simple "yes' or "no" from someone who may understand the law better.

Comment

The simple answer is the only way you will enter is by lying. Doing so can subject you to incarceration.

Comment

The simple answer is the only way you will enter is by lying. Doing so can subject you to incarceration.
                  I will not have to lie about anything, things were fine till I tried to cross without a valid/current I-195 waiver. The waiver will be issued one more time. Except now I may have to obtain an I-212 waiver as well. And as for you DISAGREEABLE, why don't you just say that you don't know and leave it alone. THANK YOU.

Now hopefully the paid version of this question will be answered a bit more concisely.

Comment

Actually, I do know the answer about the section 212 question. The relevant part of the issue is that the US does not grant visa status to felony drug traffickers. This means you lied somewhere in your paperwork. As you attempted to cross and were flagged, they should now be aware of your lie.

Comment

Actually, I do know the answer about the section 212 question. The relevant part of the issue is that the US does not grant visa status to felony drug traffickers. This means you lied somewhere in your paperwork. As you attempted to cross and were flagged, they should now be aware of your lie.
                      I somehow doubt that you do.

Well, the US has granted me an I-195 on two occasions, the second occasion was for 5yrs. It expired before a valid one was reissued. I have been honest on all waiver applications and forms, the flag has existed for 20+ years. My own research has determined that I will require the I-212. So no thanks to you.

Now get off your high horse, as I'm not your typical wannabe gangsta ... my youthful indiscretion was willingly overlooked when I worked for the US gov in Afghanistan. Honestly if it wasn't for my fiance I wouldn't bother looking South, much less want to go there.

Comment

We do not encourage or assist people to break the law. Your fiance is really going to be angry when she discovers you are ineligible to remain in the US. I see a divorce happening soon in your future. If you want to continue your deceit indefinitely you should use her in Canada, where she will be unlikely to discover your history.

Comment

We do not encourage or assist people to break the law. Your fiance is really going to be angry when she discovers you are ineligible to remain in the US. I see a divorce happening soon in your future. If you want to continue your deceit indefinitely you should use her in Canada, where she will be unlikely to discover your history.
                          LOL you are a lawyer!

Comment

"Now hopefully the paid version of this question will be answered a bit more concisely."
                            Boy was I wrong! All I got was a disclaimer and legal explanation of the codes. Thanks, but I found the same info without having to pay for it. Hence my question. No opinion was offered. Secondly, the statute that I was removed states it applies to aliens who spent more than 180 days and less than a year. In other words, someone who overstayed their visitors visa.
                            Brings me to think that the CBP agents didn't know what to put on the form or they screwed up.
                            Bottom line, I require an I-192 (not I-195 as I've been calling it) and do not require an I-212. But I will apply for it, better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it. Maybe the ppl processing it will see the error, but I doubt it.
                            Lastly, disagreeable, my fiancé knows everything. Your indignant righteousness and holier than though attitude should be shoved up your ass where it belongs.

Comment

Then you need to inform her you will never be a legal resident of the US and she will be supporting you for the rest of your stay in the US. Notice I did not refer to an I-195, that was because I knew you had no clue. Attempting to get correct info was superfluous, since you will never be here legally. Citizenship, gained fraudulently, is subject to immediate revocation and deportation. Too bad, as a convicted drug dealer, you will never legally get the chance to attempt it. Maybe I will look you up, next time business takes me to Canada. I used to go there 2 or 3 times a week, LEGALLY.

Originally posted by Furtry View Post
                              "Now hopefully the paid version of this question will be answered a bit more concisely."
                              Boy was I wrong! All I got was a disclaimer and legal explanation of the codes. Thanks, but I found the same info without having to pay for it. Hence my question. No opinion was offered. Secondly, the statute that I was removed states it applies to aliens who spent more than 180 days and less than a year. In other words, someone who overstayed their visitors visa.
                              Brings me to think that the CBP agents didn't know what to put on the form or they screwed up.
                              Bottom line, I require an I-192 (not I-195 as I've been calling it) and do not require an I-212. But I will apply for it, better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it. Maybe the ppl processing it will see the error, but I doubt it.
                              Lastly, disagreeable, my fiancé knows everything. Your indignant righteousness and holier than though attitude should be shoved up your ass where it belongs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X