USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I be deported If I miss my Immigration appointment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be deported If I miss my Immigration appointment?

Hi I'm in a difficult situation. I got married and my spouse filed a petition for greencard. We've been married for 2 years and I'm waiting for the interview. he left me for another woman and I don't know his whereabouts. I understand that If we don't go to the appointment my case will be denied and I'm afraid I will be deported. I enter the the USA with a tourist visa in 2001 when I was 14 and my family decided to stay here so I had to stay illegal basically against my own will because I was a minor. My questions are these?

Will I be deported if I miss the interview?
    If I file for divorce will I be deported?
    If I leave on my own will I be banned from the USA for 3-10 years?
    is there any law that can help me not be deported because i was a minor?

what can I do Please I need help!!!

Re: Will I be deported If I miss my Immigration appointment?

I wish to inform you that the period of time you were a minor does not count in the time period of being an illegal alien in the USA. Further, at the time of interview you may inform the immigration authorities that you entered into a good faith marriage but your husband abandoned you. The immigration officer will consider all the facts and decide the matter. If deported, you may face a 10 year ban. However, you can apply for a visa and if it is denied then your spouse can apply for a waiver.

AFF

Comment

It does not appear, based on your illegal presence, you will be granted a green card, regardless of what you do. You have already documented an illegal presence, so showing up for the interview, will present you with the best chance of a loophole no one is aware of. Failing to show will definitely cause your denial and a deportation order should be issued.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I have another question, If I'm granted a voluntary departure, could I still get the 3-10 year ban? if I leave at the time they tell me to.

Comment

Originally posted by silveria View Post
          Thank you for your reply. I have another question, If I'm granted a voluntary departure, could I still get the 3-10 year ban? if I leave at the time they tell me to?
          I won't lie to you. The answer is yes.

Let me ask another question that may change the game a bit. Were you granted any kind of visa status you are currently under such as an I-601A provisional waiver or did someone file an affidavit of support for you?

Research an I-751 waiver for your good faith marriage.

If you can afford to, now would be a good time to consult a professional immigration lawyer. The I-601A having been filed and the I-751 could protect your ability to get the green card.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Thank you! I will contact my lawyer asap! what if I divorce and re marry could that help prevent a deportation? if I act soon cause a divorce takes 6 months. or do I still need to do the I-751 waiver? even If I divorce and re marry?

Comment

Originally posted by silveria View Post
              Thank you! I will contact my lawyer asap! what if I divorce and re marry could that help prevent a deportation? if I act soon cause a divorce takes 6 months. or do I still need to do the I-751 waiver? even If I divorce and re marry?
              Divorcing and remarrying will likely be viewed as fraudulent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X