Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to U.S. Legally after deportation

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can shine some light into my situation. I was deported for life or so I remember back in 2004. I'm closing in to being here in Mexico for 9 yrs. now. I believe I heard that after 10 years I can apply or try to get a pardon. I do desperately want to get back to the U.S. in a legal way. I lived in Chicago for nearly 30 years and all of my family is over there. I was convicted on aggravated felonies on 2 separate occasions. How can I go about in trying to get back to the U.S. in a legal way? What are my chances in ever getting back? Or are there some sort of work permissions, temporary stays, or anything for that matter? I totally changed my lifestyle and I can happily say that I'm not a threat to anyone. Please help. Lonely.

Re: Return to U.S. Legally after deportation

After 2 felonies, you have no chance of coming back.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicanoruben View Post
      Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can shine some light into my situation. I was deported for life or so I remember back in 2004. I'm closing in to being here in Mexico for 9 yrs. now. I believe I heard that after 10 years I can apply or try to get a pardon. I do desperately want to get back to the U.S. in a legal way. I lived in Chicago for nearly 30 years and all of my family is over there. I was convicted on aggravated felonies on 2 separate occasions. How can I go about in trying to get back to the U.S. in a legal way? What are my chances in ever getting back? Or are there some sort of work permissions, temporary stays, or anything for that matter? I totally changed my lifestyle and I can happily say that I'm not a threat to anyone. Please help. Lonely.
      Your chances are slim to none, due to you having those aggravated felonies on your criminal history. That would also apply to you getting any kind of visa to work or visit here.

For someone who lived illegally in the US for 30 years, the immigration authorities know that you would still be here had you not been caught and deported. They are going to see that any temporary visa would only be used to gain access, and that your intention is to stay in the country for the indefinite future where your friends and family are. The fact that you came here illegally with no intention of ever going back to your home country will be abundantly clear.

While you may have changed, unfortunately, some mistakes are easier to fix than others. You MIGHT be able to apply for a hardship waiver, but in order to qualify for that, you'd need to demonstrate extreme hardship that requires your presence here in the US. I would suggest that you speak with an immigration attorney who can better advise if you have any chance of qualifying for such a waiver (keep in mind that just missing your family isn't going to do it).
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I'm sorry, I cannot see your husband being allowed back into the US. An aggravated felony generally triggers a life-time ban.

Comment

with respect to this matter, there has been legal entry based on the grounds of medical assistances to a family matter, such as organ donor due to life threatening..Not sure which part of the INS laws depicts this.

Comment

So you are saying the original post was entirely a lie? Even if such a waiver were granted, it would be a short term waiver for the medical issue only and once that is resolved the visa would be void and the holder required to leave immediately. As I think you are a stranger, yanking our chain for ****z n Giggles, I am not going to tell you the waiver type and all its terms as I would be wasting my time.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

A person who has been deported from the U.S. to another country is not supposed to attempt to reenter for five, ten or even permanently. However, in certain circumstances, a person can return to the U.S. on a visa even before their required time outside the country expires. To do this, you would need to apply for a waiver. But you’ll need to present convincing and sympathetic reasons why the waiver should be granted. You must also show that being denied entry would cause "extreme hardship" to close relative, such as a spouse, parent, or child, who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. An attorney can help prepare the necessary forms and documents to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible.

Comment

Thank you very much. Appreciate it

Comment

And no, the original post was not a lie. It's really true. Thank you.

Comment

The original post is not a lie. I seriously would like all the help I can get. I'm lost and I don't know where to start. So please, do help. Thank you.

Comment

Please help Disagreeable. What is the type or name of that waiver? Thanks.

Comment

You are not eligible, absent some very specific reasons and for only a short term. IF they decided you could. That is not your purpose so the point of discussing them is moot.

Originally posted by Chicanoruben View Post
                        The original post is not a lie. I seriously would like all the help I can get. I'm lost and I don't know where to start. So please, do help. Thank you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X