Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Procedures for Returning to U.S. after 10 yrs Ban DEPORTATION.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedures for Returning to U.S. after 10 yrs Ban DEPORTATION.

Deported for 10 years ban, for drug trafficking and gun possession. Is there any chance or legal ways to go about returning to the U.S. All my family lives there. I went to the States back in 1982 I was only 10 years old. I got Deported in 2002. If there is a possibility, what are the procedures?

Re: Procedures for Returning to U.S. after 10 yrs Ban DEPORTATION.

Originally posted by kozekreyol View Post
    Deported for 10 years ban, for drug trafficking and gun possession. Is there any chance or legal ways to go about returning to the U.S. All my family lives there. I went to the States back in 1982 I was only 10 years old. I got Deported in 2002. If there is a possibility, what are the procedures?
    You can certainly try, but the US automatically denies any applications for visa or citizenship to those who have drug convictions. Once you apply and are denied, you could file for a hardship waiver, but that would require you to show grounds of extreme hardship worthy of overlooking your drug conviction - an almost impossible task, unless you had a very compelling reason.

Bad choices have severe consequences. Your bad choice to commit a crime got you arrested and deported. It's almost certain that you'll never be allowed to legally enter the US again in your lifetime. I suggest that you have your family come to you and visit if you want to maintain contact, as that is a more realistic option than being allowed to come back here for a visit.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.
      What are the step by step procedures?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kozekreyol View Post
          I'd suggest first deciding on what kind of visa you intend to apply for, then hiring an immigration attorney to help you prepare the proper documents and submit them.

I really do recommend that you speak to an immigration attorney for an initial consultation FIRST, so that they can spell out the reality for you. I honestly believe that you think you'll be that one in a million person who manages to get admitted back into the US with your drug felony record. I'd just hate to see you waste your time and money just to be told what you're already being told here.
          "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Originally posted by sandyclaus View Post
            I'd suggest first deciding on what kind of visa you intend to apply for, then hiring an immigration attorney to help you prepare the proper documents and submit them.

I really do recommend that you speak to an immigration attorney for an initial consultation FIRST, so that they can spell out the reality for you. I honestly believe that you think you'll be that one in a million person who manages to get admitted back into the US with your drug felony record. I'd just hate to see you waste your time and money just to be told what you're already being told here.
            OK, great.... so what are the Kind of VISA that are available for someone like my situation can apply for. Forgive me, I know not much of these immigration Visas and procedures. I am very thankful of your guidance. Once I know what are my options, I will then contact the correct lawyers to proceed. I just need a heads up before I contact any lawyers.

Comment

@ kozekreyol

Contact your local US Embassy/Consular office and you can apply for a MRV application, which you have to get some documents together....i.e criminal clearance here to show you have no criminal history in the country you live.

Pay the required fee

Fill out the application and scan the required documents to them....usually your court papers and deportation paper I 877 (if you have one)

Then the Embassy will give you an appt and you go in a plead your case.

All the best.

Comment

Hello am charlie can u please help me, i get deported from the us, On my form I-294 i cant go back at any time what tick in the box on my i-294 also on the form i have this on it 212(a)9 what it mean if i ban or not tell me how much years i banned for thank u for your help please reponded

Comment

That depends on what subsection you were deported under. What crimes have you committed?
                  Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    Hello am charlie can u please help me, i get deported from the us, On my form I-294 i cant go back at any time what tick in the box on my i-294 also on the form i have this on it 212(a)9 what it mean if i ban or not tell me how much years i banned for thank u for your help please reponded
                    If you were previously removed or deported, then it means you have a 20-year ban on re-entry. If you are an aggravated felon, it means you have a LIFETIME ban and can never return.

Comment

I had a battery charge it dismiss nolle pross i win my case in the county jail, i.c.e pick me up from there ab i overstay my visa for 8 years i didnt had no aggravated felony in my case in the county jail in immigration they sad i had a felony i dont know why is that i just overstay my visa.

Comment

Am charlie can i be able to go back to the united state, i had a battery charge it dimiss nolle pross
                        One charge i had in my life, just overstay my visa 8 years can i go back early.than my ban once i marry the same years i got lockup the same year i suppose to get marry now i get remove from the us

Comment

With a DV and an overstay the closest you will get to the US is watching TV.
                          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            Am charlie can i be able to go back to the united state, i had a battery charge it dimiss nolle pross
                            One charge i had in my life, just overstay my visa 8 years can i go back early.than my ban once i marry the same years i got lockup the same year i suppose to get marry now i get remove from the us
                            ICE has already made their decision NOT to allow you to return. That decision was apparently made based upon your choice to overstay your visa - and apparently it wasn't the first time you had been removed.

At the very least, you will have the ban for the overstay - a minimum of 10 years if this was your first time, and 20 years if it was a repeat performance.

Your chances of being granted another opportunity to overstay are extremely slim. It will be accomplished only by filing for an I-601 hardship waiver. Those are based upon EXTREME hardship circumstances. You wanting to be with your fiance alone isn't going to be enough to do it. Most such applications are rejected due to insufficient grounds to support the re-entry, especially when you have a habit of disregarding the visa timeframe in the past.

Comment

Ok thank you for your help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X