Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domestic violence battery charge on citizenship

Should I accept penal 242 battery charge for an incidence with my spouse? Is 242 going to lead to deportation?

Re: domestic violence battery charge on citizenship

can someone out there confirm this code 242 is not a base for rejecting citizenship?

1) An alien's conviction for domestic battery in violation of sections 242 and 243(e)(1) of the California Penal Code does not qualify categorically as a conviction for a "crime involving moral turpitude" within the meaning of section 237(a)(2)(A)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C.

Comment

It can be a reason to deny but is not automatically

Comment

Re: assult with a deadly weapon

My husband was convicted and plead to assult with a deadly weapon. He was sentenced to one year in county jail in California. Is his charge considered "aggrivated assult" ? If not, is his charge deportable? Thanks for your help.

Comment

My family had a very similar situation and he was deported. Call the DA to ask how it was charged and if it requires deportation.

Comment

If someone was arrested on a Battery charge but the case was dismissed and the record was expunged, would this be a cause for denial of citizenship (be it for moral character or anything). Also with no other criminal record.

Comment

My husband was deported on assault a battery charges in 1998. The immigration said he was an aggrivated felon. I was wondering on how I can bring him back to the US legally. I am american citizen and I have 5 children that are also american citizens. and if anyone knows how long he was banned from the US because the immigration judge never told us anything.

Comment

Is battery charge and domestic assault same?

Comment

Battery and domestic violence are two different things.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X