X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal way to move from Sweden to the USA

Hi.

I have a boyfriend on a working visa in Denver. Is there a legal way that I can move to him? I don't have an education or a work here in sweden. In fact I don't have much here in sweden. I need a lot of support in my life and the only place I felt that support is when I've been visiting my boyfriend in the US.

So what I want to know is if there is some legal way for me to move?

re: Legal way to move from Sweden to the USA

I wish to inform you that you may marry your boyfriend and then move to USA on a spouse visa. Alternatively you may seek education or work visa and then move to USA. You may move to USA depending upon your purpose. In this as you are at present not married thus your boyfriend may not sponsor you for any visa. As a tourist you may visit for some time not exceeding 90 days under visa waiver program.

AFF

Comment

Without an immigration intent visa or worker spouse visa, no.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Indonexiah View Post
        Hi.

I have a boyfriend on a working visa in Denver. Is there a legal way that I can move to him? I don't have an education or a work here in sweden. In fact I don't have much here in sweden. I need a lot of support in my life and the only place I felt that support is when I've been visiting my boyfriend in the US.

Very unlikely.

In order to come to the US, you'll have to have a good reason. Your only plan here is to come to the US and be financially supported by your boyfriend, who himself is only here on a working visa. He has no legal obligation to support you, and the US isn't going to approve a visa for someone who has no ties to their home country whatsoever. If something were to happen to that relationship, you would end up being a public charge, which is something that is unacceptable to the folks at USCIS.

I suggest that you get an education or a good job for yourself instead of trying to figure out how to live on someone else's dime for the immediate future.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Re: Legal way to move from Sweden to the USA

Originally posted by sandyclaus View Post
          Very unlikely.

In order to come to the US, you'll have to have a good reason. Your only plan here is to come to the US and be financially supported by your boyfriend, who himself is only here on a working visa. He has no legal obligation to support you, and the US isn't going to approve a visa for someone who has no ties to their home country whatsoever. If something were to happen to that relationship, you would end up being a public charge, which is something that is unacceptable to the folks at USCIS.

I suggest that you get an education or a good job for yourself instead of trying to figure out how to live on someone else's dime for the immediate future.

No that is not my only reason. My main reason is to move there to get better. To get the mental and emotional support I need. Which I dont get here, from anyone. Im diagnosed with a personality disorder called Borderline Personality Disorder, which means that I need a lot of emotional support.
          My family nor the health care wont give that to me here.

Comment

Then you are unlikely to be accepted. Part of having a visa is that you do not become a financial burden on the US. That is your only reason for wanting to come. Marry him or buy a puppy.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            No that is not my only reason. My main reason is to move there to get better. To get the mental and emotional support I need. Which I dont get here, from anyone. Im diagnosed with a personality disorder called Borderline Personality Disorder, which means that I need a lot of emotional support.
            My family nor the health care wont give that to me here.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Expat USA Community for expatriates in USA | InterNations.org

This may or may not have information. Hope it helps. Personally I'd stay in Sweden and w ait for him to come back and then move to Norway which in 2011 topped the list for Human Development Index. I do hear the people can be a bit unfriendly but that is generally directed at people who do not know the language.
              "All I can say is, next time don't poke it."

Are we back in high school. I'm to old, to play so you should go play with yourself..

R.N. with 20+ years in the healthcare trenches,

Comment

Originally posted by singing2thwheat View Post
                Expat USA Community for expatriates in USA | InterNations.org

This may or may not have information. Hope it helps. Personally I'd stay in Sweden and w ait for him to come back and then move to Norway which in 2011 topped the list for Human Development Index. I do hear the people can be a bit unfriendly but that is generally directed at people who do not know the language.
                How exactly is this link relevant? OP is not an expat. They appear to be a Swedish citizen trying to figure out how to obtain US residency or citizenship for the exclusive purpose of being his dependent - both financially and emotionally. They have nothing to contribute by becoming a legal permanent resident or citizen of the US. Their intent has everything to do with becoming a burden not only on the US people, but upon the boyfriend who has only a working visa here in the US.

The problems that OP is experiencing are personal in nature, and not something that can appropriately be addressed by a the people in this legal forum.
                "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I am posting a reply to a question. All of the expatriate sites have links to information on the process of leaving one specific country to move to another specific country, I am not making a judgement about motive, intent, work status, sex, age, race, religious preference, ect,, ect. ect!!

Did you read my comment? I suggested to her that this is not the best move. Wow, are all the mods and high ranking members so venomous?
                  "All I can say is, next time don't poke it."

Are we back in high school. I'm to old, to play so you should go play with yourself..

R.N. with 20+ years in the healthcare trenches,

Comment

Originally posted by Indonexiah View Post
                    Hi.

The best way to be accepted is on a work visa. Without that, it is unlikely you would be granted a visa for the U.S. does not accept people who cannot support themselves -- or who do not have a U.S. citizen willing to sponsor them as fiancé or spouse, for example.

Your best route is to apply for and be accepted for a job in Denver or close by if you wish to be in the U.S. near your boyfriend.

Comment

Can I get a working visa if I don't have any education or previous employments?

Comment

Only if you can find an employer for someone with no education or experience. We have several million people like that unemployed here now.

Comment

Sure you can. But then it begs the question why you would be granted the right to enter the US to work at a job when you have no formal education or work skills that makes you a better candidate than some of the currently unemployed US citizens that are already legally present here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X