X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch dad with a half American half Dutch daughter

HI,

I also have posted in family law regarding my marriage so won't to in to much detail about that here.

I have 2 questions about immigration.

My daughters mom is and American and since a year lives in America again, i'm Dutch and for now my daughter who is 6 only has the Dutch nationality and we both live in the Netherlands. However i want her to have the American nationality or rights also that if something ever happens to me she can go to her mom, or if she decides later on she want to live with her or in America she can go. What do i need to do to make that happen, her mom doesn't want to take any action because a bigamy issue (read family law)

Now my wife abandoned my daughter rather quick and without warning, she told me it was over and 2 days later she was gone, leaving her daughter behind without a fight or anything. My daughter ever since has big mental and emotional problems because of that. Now i'm not going to say that my wife is or isn't a good mom, but to my daughter she is the best mom in the world and she misses her. I have had professionals trying to help her with her lose or even mourn but nothing is helping and things are getting worse.
    Now just sending her to her mom won't do much good i think and it would even make things worse. So i'm hoping there is a way for me to move with my daughter to America, so that her mom could at least be somewhat in her life but also that she wouldn't have to trade me for her mom.

Now i can't and don't want to use our marriage cause its not legit and i would be breaking the law. So i'm wondering if there is a way to do it on my own, that me and my daughter can stay together but also that she can see her mom. Now i understand its not a free ticket, and i did realize all this could happen but her mom didn't or wouldn't, she still has no clue to what extend she hurt our daughter with her actions. But my daughter doesn't know or understand that and in the end its not fair to her, even though her mom should have know better or should have done things differently.

After all i have tried after all the professionals here and things are still getting worse i'm getting frustrated all i want is my daughter to be happy and have a some what normal childhood. i would do almost anything about it. So is there a way the both of us could.

Re: Dutch dad with a half American half Dutch daughter

Your problem is you have no money to live on temporarily if you obtained a visitors visa for a 6 month stay. Federal immigration law prohibits you being a public charge.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Dutch dad with a half American half Dutch daughter

I wish to inform you that you may go on a work visa to USA or on a investor visa, both of which will not require the approval or petition on your behalf from the mother. Further, the mother can also contact the US embassy in the Netherlands for getting the child registered as a US citizen born overseas and for issue of US passport for the child.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X