Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re entering australia as a spouse

Hi, ten years ago my husband overstayed i australia and he got 3 year ban. Because his studies were not finished, during this time he e applied for student visa but was refused. We got married last year and now i would like to do my master's degree in Aus, I will be the applicant and he will be on dependant visa. His passport and birth date are changed so the question is if he should state in the application form that he has been in Aus before and was rejected. This was ten years and he changed his passport and birth date so he thinks he should not tell that in the application form. He has no criminal record or depths towards the Aus gov. What do you think???

re: re entering australia as a spouse

The Australian Government, Department of Immigration and Citizenship has warned that tough penalties apply to people giving false or misleading information in a visa application or passenger card. Their visas may be cancelled immediately, and they can be removed from Australia and excluded from Australia for a specified time. Your spouse may like to re-consider his position in the matter.

AFF

Comment

re: re entering australia as a spouse

Originally posted by treehug View Post
      Hi, ten years ago my husband overstayed i australia and he got 3 year ban. Because his studies were not finished, during this time he e applied for student visa but was refused. We got married last year and now i would like to do my master's degree in Aus, I will be the applicant and he will be on dependant visa. His passport and birth date are changed so the question is if he should state in the application form that he has been in Aus before and was rejected. This was ten years and he changed his passport and birth date so he thinks he should not tell that in the application form. He has no criminal record or depths towards the Aus gov. What do you think???
      He absolutely should disclose that information on the application form - especially given his tendency to overstay as he has done in the past. Why do you think he changed his passport and birth date if not to try to put one over on the Australian government?

I'd think long and hard about whether or not to put my own name on a request for a dependent visa for someone who is willing to falsify his vital statistics in an attempt to immigrate legally. If they find he has falsified ANY information on his visa application, that could ultimately backfire on YOU and potentially affect YOUR student visa.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Originally posted by sandyclaus View Post
        He absolutely should disclose that information on the application form - especially given his tendency to overstay as he has done in the past. Why do you think he changed his passport and birth date if not to try to put one over on the Australian government?

I'd think long and hard about whether or not to put my own name on a request for a dependent visa for someone who is willing to falsify his vital statistics in an attempt to immigrate legally. If they find he has falsified ANY information on his visa application, that could ultimately backfire on YOU and potentially affect YOUR student visa.
        The passport and birth date are changed long time ago, much before we met. But i agree entirely with you, he on the other hand believes that since birth date and address are changed they won't be able to find out. Anyway, if he states in the application that he has been in Aus before, do you think that due to his past they can refuse our visa?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X