Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sister and she is american citizen and she wants to file i-130 form.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister and she is american citizen and she wants to file i-130 form.

i have a sister and she is american citizen and she wants to file i-130 form.

What I'm asking is if my sister filed i-130 form for me, could my mother update my i-form to change it from my sister to my mother and make if faster?

And if they filed the form for me, is that change the ability to apply for tourist visa or work visa ?

I wish to inform you that any or all of the person’s U.S. relatives who qualify can serve as “petitioner.”

To qualify for a visitor visa, you must establish that you do not have an “immigrant intent,” the intent to remain in the U.S. permanently. The Form I-130 filed on your behalf, signals that you intend to live permanently in the U.S. at some point in the future. Consequently, people with pending immigrant petitions run into more scrutiny when applying for a temporary visitor visa.

You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by x tram View Post
      i have a sister and she is american citizen and she wants to file i-130 form.

What I'm asking is if my sister filed i-130 form for me, could my mother update my i-form to change it from my sister to my mother and make if faster?

And if they filed the form for me, is that change the ability to apply for tourist visa or work visa ?

A foreign national who has more than one close relative in the U.S. with U.S. citizenship or permanent residence status need not choose only one of them to start the immigration process (leading eventually to a green card) for him or her. Any or all of the person’s U.S. relatives can serve as “petitioner.” This strategy can serve as a good backup if things don't go as planned. Different family relationships may lead to a U.S. green card at different rates of speed. You have nothing to lose except the filing fee by having more than one U.S. petitioner file an I-130 on behalf of an intending immigrant, and doing so might save a great deal of time and heartache.

Comment

Oh that's interesting!
        I didn't know that. I thought also that you had to pick one.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
          I wish to inform you that any or all of the person’s U.S. relatives who qualify can serve as “petitioner.”

To qualify for a visitor visa, you must establish that you do not have an “immigrant intent,” the intent to remain in the U.S. permanently. The Form I-130 filed on your behalf, signals that you intend to live permanently in the U.S. at some point in the future. Consequently, people with pending immigrant petitions run into more scrutiny when applying for a temporary visitor visa.

You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
          Yes definitely avoid that. Once you have applied just avoid the tourist route altogether. It's not worth the headache.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X