X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im illegal married to US citizen but missing

I need help urgently!

I am married to a US citizen for about a year now. But within our relationship i never thought that he has addiction problem. For about 5 months now he has not return to our apartment and i have been trying to reach out and find him. Messaged him on his facebook account, reach to his friends but can't get hold of him. How can i process my papers and will i be able to get a divorce and my greencard? I really need some advice, please help me!!!

Re: Im illegal married to US citizen but missing

I wish to inform you that you can seek relief under VAWA. In this regard generally you may argue that as your spouse had abandoned you thus there has been mental harassment and thus you can seek relief under VAWA. As your spouse may not petition for you thus under VAWA you can obtain self petition right.

AFF

Comment

She has not provided any info that she would qualify for VAWA, even if it were successfully renewed. She also has not cohabited and will likely be deported on the basis of a sham marriage.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

i do live at his place. we lived together for a year... 4 months before we got married and 6 months after. but on the 6th month he rarely comes home... then on our 7th month as husband and wife, he just disappeared. his cell not working, his mom's number is not working too. ive tried to reach out with some of his friends but none of them replied to me! I don't know if he relapsed. coz when we got married he just got sober from drugs. now i have to move out to his apt because i don't have enough money to keep it. i didn't take care my papers right after my marriage because i don't want his family to think i married him for just his papers! but i never thought i will have this pain and be abandon just like that. i've been seeking help from friends and other relatives but they don't know what to do.

Comment

Living at his place does not mean you are cohabiting.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

so are you saying living with him, sharing one bed for a year is not cohabiting with him? before he disappear? im confuse where you are coming from. but thanks for your comments/replies.

Comment

Originally posted by deehernandez82 View Post
              I need help urgently!

I am married to a US citizen for about a year now. But within our relationship i never thought that he has addiction problem. For about 5 months now he has not return to our apartment and i have been trying to reach out and find him. Messaged him on his facebook account, reach to his friends but can't get hold of him. How can i process my papers and will i be able to get a divorce and my greencard? I really need some advice, please help me!!!
              i do live at his place. we lived together for a year... 4 months before we got married and 6 months after. but on the 6th month he rarely comes home... then on our 7th month as husband and wife, he just disappeared. his cell not working, his mom's number is not working too. ive tried to reach out with some of his friends but none of them replied to me! I don't know if he relapsed. coz when we got married he just got sober from drugs. now i have to move out to his apt because i don't have enough money to keep it. i didn't take care my papers right after my marriage because i don't want his family to think i married him for just his papers! but i never thought i will have this pain and be abandon just like that. i've been seeking help from friends and other relatives but they don't know what to do.
              At this point, since HE does not live there (for at least the last 5-6 months), you are no longer cohabitating.

What seems strange to me is that you are more concerned with getting your papers done than finding your dear husband. Your less-than-genuine concern for his well-being seems very suspect. If he has been missing for that long, then why have you not reported him as missing to the police? If he was gone for days, even a week or two, and he was your true husband (not just in name, but as a true couple), I would have been on the horn to the police to report him missing and have them looking for him long before now. ESPECIALLY with his drug history, there is a real possibility that he relapsed and perhaps even died somewhere.

If he has not shown up, and doesn't show up, you may well have to find some other way to get your documents for residency and citizenship legitimized.
              "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
              "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
              "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I did go to the police but they have proof that he is alive! and they told me i have to solve this marital issue since he just probably don't want to go home!!!!! i am really angry, hurt and confused at the same time! i showed the police all the evidence that i could find online! i message him numerous times in facebook coz i saw him posting some status! but never get a reply! i am soooo frustrated... mad... and hurt! 5 months waiting and begging him to go home on my messages on facebooK! i have a son! I have to think about his future now coz if i knew what i got into i wouldn't marry him and have this to deal with! I have been lied to and gave false hope in this marriage. But i guess you will not understand coz you already judge me. Thank yoU!

Comment

Judge what? He obviously does not want to cohabitate and fulfill requirements for you to become a legal US citizen. That is not our fault. Nor is it our problem.

Comment

fulfill requirements? I know he can't fulfill that for me. He doesn't even have a job. so even if he sober i know it will not happen to me for at least a decade after i found out his problem! i have accepted that but i never thought he will leave me with no apparent reason! We didn't even argue or fought or anything. Maybe i am not thinking straight right now. maybe i want to get back at him. maybe i am ****ed up too right now.

have you ever fell in love with a person that showed you all the beauty of a relationship, then half year later all the ugliness just come out, all the lies, pretending start unraveling that you don't know how to make it all better or make it work again? how to help him, how to help yourself?

Comment

Divorce him and go home.

Comment

Going home is not an option for me! My son is born here. and I will not do that to him just because of me. not that selfish!

Comment

Going home is not an option for me! My son is born here. and I will not do that to him just because of me. not that selfish!
                          What you mean is you would rather stay here as an illegal. We already caught that in your posts.

Comment

i will consult a lawyer. that's the better thing to do than listen to all of you. I need some legal assistance here. but that's not an option right now. but i will do everything i can to clean this mess.

Comment

i will consult a lawyer. that's the better thing to do than listen to all of you. I need some legal assistance here. but that's not an option right now. but i will do everything i can to clean this mess.
                              I already advised you to divorce him. You don't get to do that and legally stay in the US. Thanks for playing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X