Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage to nigerian american citizen

i am indian muslim 55years, married a muslim nigerian american girl, she is 30years, usa passport holder, she mostly lives in nigeria, how usa law accept me as her husband and what step i / she have to make register our marriage

Re: marriage to nigerian american citizen

Where do you want to register it? It is not necessary to register a marriage in the U.S. A marriage in any foreign country is accepted in the U.S. states as long as it was done according to the law of the country in which the marriage was contracted.

Comment

Re: marriage to nigerian american citizen

I wish to inform you that if your marriage is performed under laws of India or Nigeria then it will be recognized in USA provided it does not violate US laws. In this regard for immigration purpose your spouse will have to file a Petition for an Alien Spouse of a U.S. Citizen and after that you may go to USA along with your spouse. In this regard as your spouse is living in Nigeria thus she must maintain a domicile in USA and further for affidavit of support also your wife domicile will be taken into consideration. As at present she is in Nigeria thus can can file Forms I-130 by mail with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
      X