UAE Travel Ban for Credit Card Debt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAE Travel Ban for Credit Card Debt?

Hi everyone! I would like to share the story of my friend and seek for your good advice. He took a personal loan of AED 50k in year 2008 along with 2 CC (Master & Visa) with AED 20k limit each from one well known bank and used to pay religiously. Unfortunately, due to recession in 2009 to 2010, their Company was one of got affected in UAE and much worst they were not getting paid on time with a delayed of 3 to over 4 months until he was unable to pay any single fills to the bank. To make this story short, he started to received calls from the bank collection department middle of 2010 and he got a lot of threats from different bank agents. They even sent a local person at their office to collect some payments for like 5 months continues until no one came at all. Then in April 2011, he received a call from the bank again and asking him to clear AED 100+k and if unable to pay in 10 days then a police case will be filed against him. He was not able to pay the bank as per their demand and never receive any calls for a month until on middle of May 2011, his residence visa was due for renewal but they won't be able to renew his visa due to bank/police case filed against him and worst their company got blocked in the Immigration system because of his overstay remark. My friend then decided to surrender himself to the Immigration office and got jailed for almost a month. Luckily after he released from jail, he was still accepted to work on same company and his visa got renewed by just paying the overstay fines imposed to him. Before end of 2012, he finally resigned from that Company and now working with a better salary and benefits. My question is, because he is due to annual vacation in about 2 months, will he be able to leave the country without any hassle. Although when he was released from jail, some police officers told him that his case was "kalas" or done and he does not owe any money to the bank at all as he already paid by means of jail but why some other people telling him also that the bank will then file another civil case but until now there was none. Please help my friend so he could have a peace of mind. May GOD bless all the people who were and are still on the same situation like him. regards' Dubairesident

Comment

• Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hi everyone! I would like to share the story of my friend and seek for your good advice. He took a personal loan of AED 50k in year 2008 along with 2 CC (Master & Visa) with AED 20k limit each from one well known bank and used to pay religiously. Unfortunately, due to recession in 2009 to 2010, their Company was one of got affected in UAE and much worst they were not getting paid on time with a delayed of 3 to over 4 months until he was unable to pay any single fills to the bank. To make this story short, he started to received calls from the bank collection department middle of 2010 and he got a lot of threats from different bank agents. They even sent a local person at their office to collect some payments for like 5 months continues until no one came at all. Then in April 2011, he received a call from the bank again and asking him to clear AED 100+k and if unable to pay in 10 days then a police case will be filed against him. He was not able to pay the bank as per their demand and never receive any calls for a month until on middle of May 2011, his residence visa was due for renewal but they won't be able to renew his visa due to bank/police case filed against him and worst their company got blocked in the Immigration system because of his overstay remark. My friend then decided to surrender himself to the Immigration office and got jailed for almost a month. Luckily after he released from jail, he was still accepted to work on same company and his visa got renewed by just paying the overstay fines imposed to him. Before end of 2012, he finally resigned from that Company and now working with a better salary and benefits. My question is, because he is due to annual vacation in about 2 months, will he be able to leave the country without any hassle. Although when he was released from jail, some police officers told him that his case was "kalas" or done and he does not owe any money to the bank at all as he already paid by means of jail but why some other people telling him also that the bank will then file another civil case but until now there was none. Please help my friend so he could have a peace of mind. May GOD bless all the people who were and are still on the same situation like him. regards' Dubairesident
      Yes he is cleared from the case and he can leave UAE for his vacation. Tell him also to secure a court clearance for his benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by honey924 View Post
        Yes he is cleared from the case and he can leave UAE for his vacation. Tell him also to secure a court clearance for his benefit.
        Dear Honey,

Few days back I received a call from Abu Dhabi & the caller at the other end asked me to come to the court on 6th July. When I asked him "why? any case against me? if so by which company?" he wasn't taking it seriously & told me just come to court on 6th July. Today I checked through my sources about any case against me & I came
        to know that there's one & it's put by NBAD for an amount of aed seven thousand only (cheque I gave against cc.
        Thank God I didn't give a blank cheque as most people do). The person who checked it for me in Dubai informed me that
        (1) it's not a big deal as I would have to appear in the court and court may ask to pay a fine of approx. aed one thousand to two thousand and
        (2) after few days court will give clearance letter too.

Is he right, honey? Kindly reply ASAP since I need to attend court on Sunday.

Regards,

An Indian

Comment

Dear Honey,

Few days back I received a call from Abu Dhabi & the caller at the other end asked me to come to the court on 6th July. When I asked him "why? any case against me? if so by which company?" he wasn't taking it seriously & told me just come to court on 6th July. Today I checked through my sources about any case against me & I came
          to know that there's one & it's put by NBAD for an amount of aed seven thousand only (cheque I gave against cc.
          Thank God I didn't give a blank cheque as most people do). The person who checked it for me in Dubai informed me that
          (1) it's not a big deal as I would have to appear in the court and court may ask to pay a fine of approx. aed one thousand to two thousand and
          (2) after few days court will give clearance letter too.

Is he right, honey? Kindly reply ASAP since I need to attend court on Sunday.

Regards,

An Indian
          The caller is from the Prosecutor's Office and that you might have a court hearing scheduled on Sunday. If so, go to the Court where your case is filed as early as possible and check whether your name is listed outside the court room. Be sure you know how to read arabic as the lists are all in arabic. Before you attend the court hearing, prepare money of not less than AED 2000. Go attend if your case will be under litigation on Sunday. It will be so quick that the judge will only ask you to confirm the signature on the bounced cheque. He might also ask you of the amount (rarely he dont). You will not be alone in the court room. Other cases will also be heard too. Usually it takes the judge to finish all in 2-3 hrs. After the court hearing, you will be detained temporarily in a waiting area for the verdict. In your case, you might only be asked to pay a fine the amount will be on the discretion of the judge. After paying the fine, you will be released the same day and you can request for court clearance after a week.

Comment

The caller is from the Prosecutor's Office and that you might have a court hearing scheduled on Sunday. If so, go to the Court where your case is filed as early as possible and check whether your name is listed outside the court room. Be sure you know how to read arabic as the lists are all in arabic. Before you attend the court hearing, prepare money of not less than AED 2000. Go attend if your case will be under litigation on Sunday. It will be so quick that the judge will only ask you to confirm the signature on the bounced cheque. He might also ask you of the amount (rarely he dont). You will not be alone in the court room. Other cases
            will also be heard too. Usually it takes the judge to finish all in 2-3 hrs. After the court hearing, you will be detained temporarily in a waiting area for the verdict. In your case, you might only be asked to pay a fine the amount will be on the discretion of the judge. After paying the fine, you will be released the same day and you can request for court clearance after a week.
            Dear Honey,

Thanks a lot for the info!

Actually the process was lot smoother than what I expected. I went to the misdemeanor court around 9'o & gave my case number, local guy at the counter asked me to come at 1'o clock with 1000 Dhs to pay the fine. When I asked him about the court hearing I have to attend, to my surprise he told me there was no need for that!

I went back with the money at 1'o clock, he asked me to go to execution section as my file was already sent there. Person at execution section asked me to pay AED 1050 at the cash counter. I paid it there and gave him the receipt. After half an hour he gave me two clearance letters and told me to go to Khalidiya police station to give one clearance letter at the station to clear my name from police records. That was that. Everything done in a single day!

A big monkey is off my bavk which has been giving me sleepless nights for the last few days. Thank God!

Now one question. Can NBAD again put any case against me, albeit a civil one?

Thank you Honey!

Comment

Dear Honey,

Thanks a lot for the info!

Actually the process was lot smoother than what I expected. I went to the misdemeanor court around 9'o & gave my case number, local guy at the counter asked me to come at 1'o clock with 1000 Dhs to pay the fine. When I asked him about the court hearing I have to attend, to my surprise he told me there was no need for that!

I went back with the money at 1'o clock, he asked me to go to execution section as my file was already sent there. Person at execution section asked me to pay AED 1050 at the cash counter. I paid it there and gave him the receipt. After half an hour he gave me two clearance letters and told me to go to Khalidiya police station to give one clearance letter at the station to clear my name from police records. That was that. Everything done in a single day!

A big monkey is off my bavk which has been giving me sleepless nights for the last few days. Thank God!

Now one question. Can NBAD again put any case against me, albeit a civil one?

Thank you Honey!

Yes the bank can file a civil case but time and money will be the bank's investment here. In the civil case, you and the bank's representative with their attorney will face and agree for a reasonable settlement. In that case, you can also ask the judge to agree on payments you can afford. This will be a long process and waste of time and money for the bank so again expect calls from the collection agents to ask you for payment. If so that the collection agents call you, tell them to file a case any case they want

Comment

Yes the bank can file a civil case but time and money will be the bank's investment here. In the civil case, you and the bank's representative with their attorney will face and agree for a reasonable settlement. In that case, you can also ask the judge to agree on payments you can afford. This will be a long process and waste of time and money for the bank so again expect calls from the collection agents to ask you for
                payment. If so that the collection agents call you, tell them to file a case.
                But do you think they will file a civil case for such a low amount?

Since I'm cleared from criminal case, hope I won't having a travel ban here?

Thanks

Comment

But do you think they will file a civil case for such a low amount?

Since I'm cleared from criminal case, hope I won't having a travel ban here?

Thanks
                  No travel ban if you settled the case as you said you got cleared from it. Meaning you are also cleared from the immigration system. My friend has just gone home a month ago for vacation and he was unaware of his case. The immigration officer accompanied him to pay the fine and was allowed to leave UAE the same day. Now he just got his clearance from the case filed by the bank. As I told you filing a civil case is a tedious job but still on the bank's discretion but most likely they wont against the amount you owe.

Comment

The similar situation for me, can anyone guide me that I have bad debts in Dubai, and I am in Pakistan for last 02 years. Now I have a job offer in Saudi, can I travel safely. Please, Please advise.

Comment

• "
                      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      Thanks Honey! Can they put ban worldwide or just Uae? R they just making threats to make me pay?
                      Honey, I received an email many months ago saying they will out international travel ban at international airports - can they do this?? Ivam a few weeks from.travelling to America and terrified! Also, received an email from a lawyers office in England to appear in court and they acted on behalf of one of the dubai banks. I didn't attend as I don't live in England!!! And ignored the email.. What would happen now? Is it safe to travel anywhere still? I am in Europe

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        It could be a PRO but you need to pay 150-280 AED.......coz they will check and pay for the printed copy of your visa status

if you want i can give you the email add of my friend,,.
                        Hi,

Can you please give me the PRO email add....i need to travel in a week's time...tq

Comment

I have problem with 3 credit cards, left Dubai 2 years back without paying,
                          later through friends I came to know I have 3 cases, 2 for credit cards and one for from some company amount 11000 AED, so total amount I had to pay were around 80000 AED, furthermore my partner visa is also expired long before, so technically I haven't cancelled my visa and when I left the country via road that time my passport was not stamped (means no exit stamp on my passport) therefore in Immigration system I am still in UAE as over stayer!

I am in one of the European country now and want to go back Dubai, I am having conversation with banks, and I am asking them to give discount for full and final settlement,
                          Bank A is giving me around 40% discount on total outstanding,
                          Bank B is giving 35% right off,
                          so I am looking forward to pay them as soon as possible,

My questions are:-
                          A, Before making any payment directly to bank what type of letter from bank should I ask? (for case clearance)

B, after clearing my cases, or clearance for all cases, how I could fly for Dubai as my visa is expired and not valid,

C, How to cancel my visa as I am over stayer and moreover I am in UAE in their system?

D, how to prove that I left the country legally ? (no stamps on passport)

Please Help me, I am really missing my family and friends,
                          Faisal.

Comment

"
                            Honey, I received an email many months ago saying they will out international travel ban at international airports - can they do this?? Ivam a few weeks from.travelling to America and terrified! Also, received an email from a lawyers office in England to appear in court and they acted on behalf of one of the dubai banks. I didn't attend as I don't live in England!!! And ignored the email.. What would happen now? Is it safe to travel anywhere still? I am in Europe
                            International travel ban because of being a defaulter is a big hoax. You can check this yourself in your country's immigration. But as far as my other friends' experiences, they have travelled and work from other countries though they have unsettled financial obligations in the UAE.

Comment

Dear Mr.

Good Day.

We regret to inform you that as of date your Emirates NBD Credit Card account number 47839**** **** has an outstanding amount of AED 33,366.29. we received a call from Mr. and told us you have an opportunity to work again here in UAE. he told us you want to settle this account before going here in UAE to avoid uncertain inconvenience in the future regarding with your liabilities with the bank.

We can help you settle this account by proposing a settlement offer plan with bank and ask for a discounted amount as your full and final settlement. if the management approves they will issue you an official settlement offer letter from the bank which indicates the final settlement amount to be paid, and upon the date of the payment, in 15 to 30 working days bank will issue an official No Liability Clearance Letter stating that your account with Emirates NBD is closed and bank declares it cleared. However, once taken the settlement, the customer is obliged to the full extent strictly follow all the terms and conditions stated on the settlement offer letter or else the settlement will get void and null.

If any legal case bank has filled in the past against the holder of this account will also be cleared upon the date of the payment.

Comment

i went to UAE for a quick visit and came back. Let me tell you guys that i had no issues at immigration or elsewhere. I suggest that if u have a debt like i do just ask someone to confirm in the immigration office if you have a travel ban or not. I had no issues travelling and had a wonderful holiday.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X