USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Others' immigration status: How can I find out what someone's immigration status is?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Others' immigration status: How can I find out what someone's immigration status is?

How can I find out what someone's immigration status is?

I know someone working outside of their H1-B limitations (50% certain), and hiring people who do not have a work authorization (100% certain). Normally I wouldn't care, but they are hurting my business.

I jsut want to let them that they're outside the legal limits.

re: Others' immigration status: How can I find out what someone's immigration status is?

Just call immigration and report it...

Comment

re: Others' immigration status: How can I find out what someone's immigration status is?

I don't want to cause problems for anyone so I would really like to avoid doing that.

What I want is to approach the guy and say, "hey, you're sponsored by company XYZ, so you know you can't be doing this. Please leave or I will report you."

Hopefully he'll get the hint.

Comment

You can try that as a first step. If he has an H1B he should not be engaging in other work activities. If that does not work you could involve the authorities if need be.

Comment

In order to give some weight to my allegations, I'd like to tell him that I know which company is sponsoring him, and therefore I know he is out of line.

Comment

You can certainly do that.

Comment

Would you please be so kind as to tell me how I can check which company is sponsoring him, or what his status is generally? I am assuming it is not illegal to do that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X