Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extension on F41 Immigrant Visa (expires in summer 2010)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension on F41 Immigrant Visa (expires in summer 2010)

After a 9 year wait, I received an F41 Immigrant Visa for the United States (via my brother). It expires in summer 2010, so I understand I have to immigrate to the USA before then. If I don\'t use the Visa in time and it expires, can I have it reissued and how long would that take? Is there any way to get an extension on this F41Visa?

Can I immigrate to the United States and still be employed in Canada? (I have been unable to find work in the US, but have job opportunities in Canada - ie I would like to live in USA and work in Canada - is this even possible?).

Thanks for your help.

Re: Extension on F41 Immigrant Visa (expires in summer 2010)

You are fortunate to have a visa issued to you after so long a wait. You must enter the U.S. on the visa within six months of issuance. If it is not used within six months, a consular officer may issue a replacement if the immigrant is unable to use the visa during the period of its validity for reasons beyond his or her control AND several other requirements are met. See 22 C.F.R. 42.74.

In order to immigrate to the U.S., you must make the U.S. your permanent home. This includes being employed here. If you are employed in Canada, but not in the U.S., it could lead to revocation of your status as an immigrant here.

Regards,
    Donald C. Slowik
    Slowik & Robinson, LLC
    [email protected]

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X