Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britishguy (conviction for sex offences in the uk)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britishguy (conviction for sex offences in the uk)

I received a conviction for sex offences in the uk 5 years ago. I am looking to travel to the US on a family vacation and I understand I will have to apply for a visa, but I wanted to gauge the likelihood of the application being approved. Thank you for your assistance.

re: Britishguy (conviction for sex offences in the uk)

I wish to inform you that generally US Embassy Officials are strict regarding giving of visa to persons convicted of sex offences. Unless some strong reason is presented for going to USA they are not likely to grant a visa. Under Section 212(a)(2) of Immigration and Nationality Act a person who has committed an offence involving moral turpitude is in illegible for US visa. However, there are following exception to this Rule
    i) The offence was done under 18 years of age and 5 years have elapsed then this restriction is not applicable.
    ii) The maximum punishment in the offence committed by you does not exceed more than one year and you have been sentenced for not more than six months.
    As Sec. 212 (a)(2) prohibits hence it will be difficult for you to get visa.

AFF

Comment

Re: Britishguy (conviction for sex offences in the uk)

I did not receive a custodial sentence, but received only a community service punitive part plus a probation period that has now expired (2 years ago). The offence happened almost 5 years go. Does any of this make a difference?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X