•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband says he surrendered my green card

California

Hello,

I was on L2 visa when immigrate to US in 2013. Got my green card in 2015.
    My husband surrendered the green card without informing me. And when i questioned, he gave me the reason that i came to US on dependent visa so that is why he can surrender my green card.
    My question is- if he is really have all the rights to surrender my green card? Can i continue my permanent residency status

Re: My husband says he surrendered my green card

Call customer service at USCIS.

https://www.uscis.gov/

Can't imagine why you wouldn't just do that before coming here.

Comment

It is good to consult with an immigration attorney as your husband surrendered your green card without your consent.

Comment

I wish to inform you that L-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa, and is only valid for the duration of the spouse's L-1 visa. It appears you were granted a 2-Year Green Card. A 2- Year card cannot be renewed. The conditions must be removed or you will lose your permanent resident status. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
        X