USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complicated situation... May I apply for a business or a tourist visa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complicated situation... May I apply for a business or a tourist visa?

Hi all, I'm going through a really difficult situation. I'm an Argentine citizen who lived in the US illegally for 9 years. My mother, who is a Green card holder, applied for me back in 2009. I'm still waiting for a visa and the visa calendar as per today says that I have to wait for another 2 years. Back in 2010 I decided to return to Argentina and wait here until a visa is available for me. I've got a really good job here and the company I work for wants to send me to the US for a 4 day training and I don't know what to do. This is a great opportunity for my career so I'm a little down. Is there any chance that I might apply for a business visa or a tourist visa? My company is willing of course to send all the necessary paperwork in order for me to get the visa, but really what are the chances that the embassy might reject my application considering that I lived in the US unlawfully? Thanks for all your help.

re: Complicated situation... May I apply for a business or a tourist visa?

Since you likely have a 10 year ban, they are unlikely to be able to get you a work visa. They will not find out until they try.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Complicated situation... May I apply for a business or a tourist visa?

When a visa applicant applies for a visa, a consular officer at a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the United States determines whether the applicant is qualified, under all applicable U.S. laws, to receive the particular visa applied for. An alien present in the United States without being admitted or paroled, or who arrives in the United States at any time or place other than as designated by the Attorney General, is inadmissible. If you’ve spent more than one continuous year in the United States unlawfully, you could be barred from coming back for ten years. There are waivers of ineligibility such as you will have to show that if you don’t get the visa, your U.S. spouse or parent will suffer extreme hardship. Since your mother is a green card holder, you can request for visa this way, though it is very difficult.
      You may consult with an Immigration Attorney who can give a proper guidance in this regard.

Comment

Thank you for the information, I?´ve been told in my job that I have to get a business visa and they will provide all the necessary letters and information so I can get it. I have a friend of mine who left the country as well and was granted the business visa and he left just like me, voluntarely and he already travel to the US 3 times. Can they just waive the ban on the basis that my company is reponsible for me while i?´m on the training in the US?

Comment

It is unlikely they will waive a ban as there is no provision for waiver in these circumstances. Once you have had a ban, you can apply but might be rejected. You must then seek special permission by appealing the rejection. An employer is not guaranteeing anything except they will employ you. They could terminate you a month later.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X