Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US resident sponsoring biological children from Laos

My mother was a permanent resident of the US since 1980. I was born here. She has a daughter in Laos and would like to bring her and her family over here. What is the difficulty and wait time if she wants to bring her over here to live permanently? What are the steps and requirements?

Re: US resident sponsoring biological children from Laos

A green card gives her the right to sponsor unmarried children. Here is a link.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/B1en.pdf
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

As your mother is a permanent resident she may only sponsor an unmarried daughter. However, as a US citizen you may sponsor your sister if you are over 21 years of age.

AFF

Comment

Apart from the age which has to be 21 what are the other requirements for sponsoring a sibling. Please reply ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
          As your mother is a permanent resident she may only sponsor an unmarried daughter. However, as a US citizen you may sponsor your sister if you are over 21 years of age.

AFF
          My sistee is married with children.

Comment

What's the average wait on a mother with US citizenship sponsoring her daughter, daughters husband and children? Would the new immigration reform (if it passes) help speed up the process and give it a better chance to Succeed?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X