USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If my sister went to Trinidad and got married would it make it easier...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If my sister went to Trinidad and got married would it make it easier...?

My sister has a son to an immigrant he is now 5 and his father left back to Trinidad when he was 3 months old. they were engaged when he left and still talk atleast 1 time a week my question is if she went to Trinidad and got married would it make it easier for him to return. They are still very much in love and my nephew really wants his dad to return. He left on his own he didn't get deported if that makes a difference.

re: If my sister went to Trinidad and got married would it make it easier...?

Originally posted by kleconte View Post
    My sister has a son to an immigrant he is now 5 and his father left back to Trinidad when he was 3 months old. they were engaged when he left and still talk atleast 1 time a week my question is if she went to Trinidad and got married would it make it easier for him to return. They are still very much in love and my nephew really wants his dad to return. He left on his own he didn't get deported if that makes a difference.
    Why did the father leave the States in the first place? Was he facing deportation at the time and left voluntarily, or was there another reason for leaving?

If your sister wanted to marry the father, she has had over 4 years to do that. To do so now, for no other reason than to try to make it look like a legitimate relationship for immigration purposes, isn't going to work the way she hopes. The folks at USCIS are pretty smart, and will recognize the attempt to use a sham marriage to perpetrate immigration fraud.

Why doesn't your sister travel to Trinidad instead, and take the child with her so that he can see his Dad?
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

re: If my sister went to Trinidad and got married would it make it easier...?

It sounds like this will be viewed as a sham marriage. Citizenship for child support. What was the basis he was here originally under? Was he here illegally and how long?
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X