Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My father applied for my residence as a permanent resident when I was 16

Now I'm 35, and never received anything but an approval letter, since then I got married and have three children who are US citizens, my mom and my dad just became citizens not too long ago, what can I do to finally get a green card?

Re: My father applied for my residence as a permanent resident when I was 16

You really need to find an immigration lawyer that can determine where your process was sidetracked and what can be done about it. Attempting this yourself, prematurely, may result in a deportation order as you may have established illegal presence.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: My father applied for my residence as a permanent resident when I was 16

The USCIS has strict rules about earning Permanent Residency. An immigrant usually has to go through a three-step process to get permanent residency. The whole process may take several years, depending on the type of immigrant category and the country of birth. If you think your situation is more complicated, or you are really lost, don't hesitate to contact an immigration lawyer. They can help you figure out which forms to file and how to gather your supporting documents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X