Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscarriage due to implant.

Hey, I recently had the implant fitted in my arm & found out a month later I was pregnant (I must of been pregnant beforehand). The doctors however did not give me a pregnancy test before they inserted the implant. I attended a scan 2 months later to be told I'd had a missed miscarriage & it could be down to the implant. After finding out I was pregnant I attended the doctors once again to ask them to remove the implant incase it affects the baby. This they wouldn't do instead they gave me a date to go back and have it out. By the time that date had come I'd already lost the baby, strictly speaking they should of taken the implant out there and then. I am not happy about this as it has devastated me by the loss of my baby and knowing that if I had the implant removed this wouldn't of happened. I just wanted to know where I would stand with suing my doctors?

re: Miscarriage due to implant.

I wish to inform you that as doctor was negligent while treating you thus a lawsuit can be filed by you. You can first send a demand notice and if doctor refuses to pay then a lawsuit can be filed. You can take expert opinion from some doctor in order to support your lawsuit. As the matter involve negligence in treatment thus you will have to prove relation between implant and miscarriage so as to justify your claims.

AFF

Comment

re: Miscarriage due to implant.

Originally posted by Jade1991 View Post
      Hey, I recently had the implant fitted in my arm & found out a month later I was pregnant (I must of been pregnant beforehand). The doctors however did not give me a pregnancy test before they inserted the implant. I attended a scan 2 months later to be told I'd had a missed miscarriage & it could be down to the implant. After finding out I was pregnant I attended the doctors once again to ask them to remove the implant incase it affects the baby. This they wouldn't do instead they gave me a date to go back and have it out. By the time that date had come I'd already lost the baby, strictly speaking they should of taken the implant out there and then. I am not happy about this as it has devastated me by the loss of my baby and knowing that if I had the implant removed this wouldn't of happened. I just wanted to know where I would stand with suing my doctors?
      Before suit you need to have an expert nail down with certainty that the implant caused the miscarriage.

What was in the implant, whether it could have caused the miscarriage, will need to be documented before anyone could prevail in a suit.

So I recommend you see a personal injury lawyer whose practice includes extensive medical malpractice so he or she can review what evidence exists in your medical records and they will contact their experts to get advice on what the chances are of prevailing. The success of any medical malpractice suit will depend upon the evidence and testimony of well credentialed expert witnesses. You need these first before launching off to sue anyone.

Comment

Re: Miscarriage due to implant.

I recommend you examine the paperwork you signed prior to the implant being put in. You will likely discover you affirmed there was not even a minor chance you were pregnant. You will also find you likely agreed unfavorable outcomes could result if you were incorrect. I suggest you research the type of implant and its effects. You will likely discover the fetus was damaged beyond repair by the hormonal changes, before you became aware of its existence.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Many states have specific procedures for bringing a case, so it is important to research the requirements of your state's laws or to consult with an attorney. Failing to follow the proper procedures for bringing a malpractice claim may result in your claim being dismissed without recovery. To bring a malpractice claim, a patient must prove the following elements: A duty owed to the plaintiff, a breach of that duty by the defendant, and a resulting injury to the plaintiff caused by the defendant's breach. The process of bringing a suit is complicated, and an attorney would be of great assistance. If you believe that you have a medical malpractice case against your doctor, consulting with an attorney is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
            I recommend you examine the paperwork you signed prior to the implant being put in. You will likely discover you affirmed there was not even a minor chance you were pregnant. You will also find you likely agreed unfavorable outcomes could result if you were incorrect. I suggest you research the type of implant and its effects. You will likely discover the fetus was damaged beyond repair by the hormonal changes, before you became aware of its existence.
            How can one come to these conclusions,. (1) without knowing why the fetus aborted, (2) being a physician, (3) examining the medical records, (4) seeing the releases, and (5) knowing exactly what was in that implant???????????????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X