Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrongly diagnosed (I am allergic to morphine)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongly diagnosed (I am allergic to morphine)

I was seen in the ER in regards to post tubular ligation pain. While in the ER I was given an IV in my left hand over my thumb. The IV contained morphine. Pain shot through my fingers and up my wrist it was also very red and puffy. The nurse giving me anti allergy medication after that and told me that it was because I was allergic to morphine. I know that to be untrue because I have had it before. Now other than the fact that they have my records indicating that I am allergic to morphine, I also am having numbness whenever I extend my thumb a certain way. What should I do?

re: Wrongly diagnosed (I am allergic to morphine)

I wish to inform you that you can change your hospital and have yourself diagnosed by fresh doctor. In this regard reports of new doctor can enable you to take action for medical malpractice against first doctor. You can send a demand notice to the doctor that he must compensate you for negligence and for pain and suffering. If doctor fails to compensate you then a lawsuit can be filed by you.

AFF

Comment

Not being allergic in the past doesn't mean you can't later develop a sensitivity to it. It happens all the time.

What has your doctor said about your thumb?

Comment

There is a primary nerve running in that area that may have been damaged.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X