Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it common to make the client pay for the medical report in medical malpractice case?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it common to make the client pay for the medical report in medical malpractice case?

AZ
    Is it common to make the client pay for the medical report in a medical malpractice case?

Or does the law firm usually pay?

Doesn't matter what's common. What counts is your written fee/retainer/contingency agreement.

However, contingency agreements that I have seen are that the attorney gets his share PLUS expenses. If that's your agreement then the medical report is an expense that you pay.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowSun View Post
      AZ
      Is it common to make the client pay for the medical report in a medical malpractice case?

Or does the law firm usually pay?
      Yes it is common but usually only if they win the case. You don't pay costs or fees if they don't win or settle the case.

Comment

I heard about a lot of cases when clients paid for such reports. Anyway, I had a very awful case regarding medical malpractice. I got bad treatment because of a doctor's mistake. So I contacted the guys from rflaw.net. Unfortunately, when a medical professional makes a mistake the consequences can be life-threatening. So that's why I decided to take action in this case. The lawyers from there helped me with all the legal advice and we won the case. It's very important to speak about such cases! We can't tolerate malpractice!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)