Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care giver for seniors wrongly gives the patient medicine

If a companion care giver for seniors gives the patient medicine and was never instructed to do so, what is that called? Is it malpractice or negligence or a crime or what?
    I know it's not right but I am not sure what is really the situation called.

It's called a mistake unless something bad happened.

Care to share a few more details.

Comment

My sister hired this woman to care for our mom. I don't like the caregiver as she tries to act like a nurse and she is not.
      She gave my mother some sedative the she (the caregiver) uses sometimes and I think that is totally off base. We all had a big fight about it.
      My sister just shrugged it off.

Comment

No injury occurred but still. 😒😒

Comment

Options:

Tell the caregiver not to dispense any medications without approval.
          Fire the caregiver and hire another.

Which one of you is more involved in the care of your mother? You or your sister? If it's your sister, maybe you should get more involved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)