Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• father died to an allergic reaction to some medication

My father went in to the hospital for pain medication and died due an allergic reaction. Can my family sue the hospital?

Re: father died to an allergic reaction to some medication

Originally posted by butterfly173 View Post
    My father went in to the hospital for pain medication and died due an allergic reaction. Can my family sue the hospital?
    Were your father or the hospital aware of an allergy to this specific medication? If not, then you don't have a case to sue. Allergic reactions are known adverse reactions to just about every medication out there. If your father didn't know he was allergic, then he couldn't have told the doctor that he was. And if the doctor and hospital wasn't aware that he was allergic, they didn't know not to give him that specific medication.

People die in hospitals from allergic reactions all the time. As long as the staff responded appropriately to the adverse reaction and did all they could to counter your father's allergic response, they aren't liable for his death. It wouldn't be considered malpractice.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I wish to inform you that your family can file a suit for negligence of doctor. If the same doctor treats your father from some time then that doctor was aware of all the medical conditions and therefore he should not have given a medicine with which allergy could have occurred. Further if doctor was unaware then a lawsuit can be filed if you can show that doctor was negligent in performing his duties. Court considers whether doctor could have known about allergy by ordinary prudence or not.

AFF

Comment

In some cases, it's possible to sue the hospital or other health care facility where you received medical treatment. This may happen when you were injured because of Hospital negligence or Negligence by a hospital employee, staff member or someone else the hospital was responsible for. Medical malpractice cases are complicated to begin with, even more so when a hospital is sued. Typically, their insurance carriers fight very hard because of the amount of money at stake. It's important that you have a good understanding of when a hospital might be sued, and ask your attorney if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly173 View Post
          Possible. As well as the manufacturer of the drug, who may be primarily responsible.
          My recommendation is that you research the drug online, find if there is are any suits pending against the manufacturer of this particular drug. And then contact that law firm.

There are plenty of advertisements by law firms who have actions pending against pharmaceutical companies for damaging and lethal effects from drugs, so you should be able to get some guidance there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X