Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical malpractice- Doctor concluded he had a sprained hand

My husband went to r local hospital bc his hand hurt so bad. The er Dr did an xray and concluded he had a sprained hand. His finger was gray/white and when u squeezed it to check for blanching there was none. Told him to go back to work in a few days. Went back to work and after 4 days he couldn't work bc pain was so intense.. Went to hospital in another town close 2 where we live and after he was seen by dr another md was called in.they said go to another hosp in bigger city went there and his hand was full of clots and almost had to have fingers amputated and still may and it was discovered after bloodwork he has 2 rare diseases..I'm sure this is malpractice on the 1st dr.. What y'all think

re: Medical malpractice- Doctor concluded he had a sprained hand

Not necessarily. The first may not have had all the info to make the same diagnosis as the 2nd. It sounds like the rare exception to the "think horses not zebras". The treatment received sounds entirely appropriate given the symptoms, and when his hand did not improve, it warranted a further look.

If you insist it must have been some mistake, you may wish to consult with a med mal attorney who can review your medical records and give you a better opinion.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Both Drs had the same exact info. The 1st Dr said he couldn't understand why no bllood was getting to his finger..he was pulling down on the skin on my husbands arm trying to get blood 2 them..also my husband stated he had uncontrolled diabetes andin Drs dictation notes we picked up states patient said palm ver,very sore. He had so many that he had surgery and probably not go back to work..He told 1st dr he was a mechanic and they stillh released him 4 work

Comment

If you wish to move for a Medical Malpractice suite, you have to prove four elements to succeed in the suite (1) a duty of care was owed by the physician; (2) breach of such duty; (3) injury caused by the breach; and (4) the injury was caused in fact and proximately caused by the substandard conduct. It is better to consult with an attorney who is practicing in the field of Medical malpractice in your area. You have to carry the medical diagnosis report from first and second Doctor to the attorney for scrutinizing whether there was any element malpractice involved.

Comment

It sounds like the first doctor was an intern. If there is permanent damage, I would consult a med mal attorney.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X