Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazilian medical law suit

Hello,On July 28th of 2009 my fiance and I arrived in Sa Paulo Brazil for what was to be a 1 week stay while she underwent minimaly invasive spinal fusion.During her back surgery her lower intestine was punctured causing her to go into septic shock.She was kept in a coma in ICU for 3 months during which time she developed a level 4 pressure sore over her coxcis bone.We left Brasil for our home in Panama on Nov 1st 2009 where she was hospitalized for another month. to treat her pressure ulcer with a vacum system.From this ulcer she has now contracted osteyiomilytis of her 3rd and 4th thoraxal lumbar ,the very ones fused.She is on daily intravenous antibiotics administered at home by a nurse.She still has a colostomy bag and cant have her bowels re attached untill the bone infection is gone.Its now over 7 months since her surgeries and she is still suffering,and still needs more surgery.We have no insurance,so all has been paid from our savings.Seems to me theres a bunch of negligence here. Two questions Do we have a case?and secondly how do we proceed with international (Panama/Brasil) mal practice law suit? Kind regards,Neil Thomas

Re: Brazilian medical law suit

In this, I wish to inform you that you can file medical malpractice for negligence of Brazil hospital. In this you can show to the court that the hospital authorities have not performed the medical treatment properly and as a result the victim suffered heavily. You can contact Panama embassy to assist you in this matter as also the embassy of Brazil in Panama. Further, for negligence of Brazil hospital, the Panama hospital cannot be sued unless treatment in Brazil was due to Panama hospital recommendation. Therefore, if you wish to file suit for negligence of both Panama hospital and Brazil hospital then they will be sued separately unless both hospitals have some connection in this treatment.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X