Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administered wrong medication in hospital - KY

During a recent hospital stay my husband was given medication via IV piggy back that were prescribed for his roommate. I discovered the error when I arrived at the hospital to check on him. The bag was clearly labeled with his roommate's name and birth date. The medication he received was not nor has ever been prescribed for him. Is this error deemed medical negligence? From what I could get out of the staff, a night shift nurse had evidently made the error..My husband was in the hospital for pancreatitis...the roommate was in for a diabetic ulcer on his foot...

re: Administered wrong medication in hospital - KY

I wish to inform you that the case involves a medical malpractice. In this the providing of wrong medicine to a patient is clearly a neglect of duty. When the name of patient is written then it is intended that a reasonable person giving medicine to the patient will check as to which patient is to be given which medicine. Now the negligence of the nurse by giving wrong medicine has made both the hospital as well as nurse liable. The claim of yours will be based upon the negligent behavior in providing medicine to patient and possible harmful effects of the wrong medicine, etc.

AFF

Comment

If the nurse has been administrating more patients at a time then this type of things can happen, so the nurses should be very careful for what she is giving and have the reports checked before she go any further.

Comment

I think everyone should care for these problems,some time it's really dangers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X