Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• root canal on the wrong tooth

I was referred to an endodontist who performed a root canal on the wrong tooth and admitted to it during the procedure. I thought he was joking but unfortunately he wasn't. I feel that this is negligent on his part without question. Please tell me I have a case....

Re: root canal on the wrong tooth

Do you have any damages that remain...if not it will be hard to collect too much if any.

Comment

I had pain in my jaw for about six weeks and had to go through another root canal on the correct tooth. If not medical malpractice, would this be a personal injury case then?

It just seems there should be some course of action. I can't see how someone could perform a root
      canal on the wrong tooth and there isn't any consequences. I'm expected to have insurance, make my payments, etc....I think the least I should expect is the procedure on the correct tooth.

Thanks for your response...

Comment

This just happened to me also (in Canada)
        Would be interested in any comments

Comment

I too have a similar root canal story. I had pain in my lower jaw for a number of weeks and as soon as I felt shooting pain in one of my molars while drinking a cold drink I knew that it was a dental issue. I went to my dentist who did an xray on the back molars and saw an abscess on tooth 31. He sent me to an endodontist who did hot and cold tests and told me she needed to do tooth 30. I wish I had questioned her judgement.

Following the root canal on tooth 30 my terrible pain continued and the lymph nodes in my neck were swollen so I called the endodontal practice two more times and 4 days later went in to see another one of the endodontists in the practice who took more xrays and told me he needed to do tooth 31--the one the dentist had identified as abscessed. I asked him why the other endodontist in his group had done tooth 30 and he got very uncomfortable and could not answer my questions so I began to get suspicious and felt that the wrong tooth was done.

I called the first endodontist back and asked her why she did tooth 30 and she said that was the tooth that responded to the hot and cold tests. However I believe she failed to address tooth 31--the abscessed tooth and made a mistake in removing tooth 30. I think the pain in tooth 30 was referred pain from tooth 31.

This has been unpleasant, painful and costly. The problem is that in order to pursue damages I would need to get another dental expert's opinion and hire an attorney. This would certainly cost more than the root canal and crown and loss of work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

I think you should first consult to the health professional, check any negligence were happening from the previous treatment, if they provide the negligence then claim for medical negligence, lawyer will help you, just give all the details with medical bills and prescription from the doctor.
            www.accidentcompensation4u.com

Comment

Personal injury attorneys usually work on contingency -- no fee unless they win the case. I recommend seeing a personal injury lawyer who does medical malpractice. He or she will guide on getting the expert opinion one needs to take the matter to trial.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
              X