Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing without a medical license in the state of Louisiana

I recently found out that Dr. Arthur Copes was arrested on 117 accounts of insurance fraud and practicing without a medical license in the state of Louisiana. He was the "founder" and owner of a scoliosis treatment center that claimed to provide a safe alternative to surgery. When I was 15 my parents and I drove to Louisiana and I received treatment from this "doctor". They preformed a great deal of tests on me and put me through multiple machines and exercises that were "proven" to help my spine. I was told that I need to wear a back brace (for a lifetime) that would help correct the curvature in my spine. I was also instructed to see a chiropractor 3 times a week for months, take nutritional supplements, perform daily exercises, and wear this plastic brace for 22 hours a day. Needless to say, this is a traumatic event for a 15 year old girl. I am not 21 and my spine is still curved just as much if not more than it was then and I have not encounter any benefits from this treatment. I stopped using the brace when I was 15 because a real orthopedic surgeon said that it would do no good because I was done growing.
    My parents were told that insurance would cover the OUTRAGEOUS cost of the brace...which they did but only after over a year of struggling to get it approved. My parents were left with the burden of paying for most of the tests, xrays, and treatment.
    My question is...what legal matters can I take against this man? Is there in class action suits?

Suit could be filed and we may assist. You may want to contact your state attorney general's office first and see if any actions are being taken. They should be willing to investigate and sue as well. Let us know what they say.

Comment

re: Practicing without a medical license in the state of Louisiana

In Louisiana, there are special procedures which must be followed in medical malpractice cases. For example, in Louisiana, a claim must be filed with the State before a lawsuit can be filed. This claim is then reviewed by a panel of three Louisiana doctors, who give an opinion about whether any health care provider committed malpractice.Only after the panel has reached its decision can a lawsuit be filed. There are many complicated details to this Louisiana panel procedure, and many traps for the inexperienced Louisiana attorney.

http://www.gallagherlawfirm.com/louisiana-medical-malpractice-lawyers/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X