X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Primary and Secondary Sources

Hello guys,
    This question may be strange or stupid, but having a background of Computer Science, i have no idea what are the main difference between Primary and secondary sources of International law.
    The treaties,customs,general principles of law recognized by civilized states are Primary sources, while Judicial decisions and teaching of publicists are the secondary sources
    But what the are the main differences between them? If i want to write atleast 7 8 differences, what points i should pick?

Re: Primary and Secondary Sources

Originally posted by sahibzada View Post

But what the are the main differences between them? If i want to write atleast 7 8 differences, what points i should pick?
    You've already listed samples of each. Now you tell us what the differences are.

I'll make it easy on you.

Here's the California landlord/tenant law. It's a primary source:

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ter=2.&article=

Here's a guide to the California landlord/tenant law. It's a secondary source:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/l...k/catenant.pdf

What do you think the differences are?

Comment

Re: Primary and Secondary Sources

I wish to inform you that the primary sources provide first-hand, original information and include laws and legislation, Acts of Congress, court cases, rules and regulations, government documents (such as congressional hearings), etc. Further, secondary sources include books, magazines, journals and newspapers which contain articles discussing various laws, regulations and various related issues.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
      X