Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Laws and Residency.

Hello. I come seeking answers for a friend of mine. He's been stuck in some odd situation and I hope some people can answer his questions.
    He came to the United States 13 years ago under what is known as a traveler's visa. His parents tried to file for asylum and waited for a court decision. Thing is, the traveler's visa expired and he lived as an illegal immigrant for a while. However with the new DACA act that was passed recently, he was able to obtain a legal work permit and driver's license.
    My friend wants to go to college, but his status makes him an "international student". With college fees as high as they are, my friend has no chance of paying, and does not qualify for any financial aid. Is there any way for an illegal immigrant under the DACA act to form proof of residency? He has lived in the state of Georgia for 12 years, but the state won't recognize him as a resident.
    My hope is that I will get quick replies, as my friend has been enduring this for so long. Thank you.

Re: Immigration Laws and Residency.

It is an legal issues you should consult to good lawyer who have good knowledge of immigration laws and have good experience in these type of cases.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X