X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW LEGAL JUNKIES UPGRADES

Hi!

Legal Junkies was founded in 2010, and fully upgraded in 2015, and we now have further upgraded in 2020. The new LJ site, in beta testing starting today, will be fully functional by Friday June 26, 2020.

We look forward to working with you and enjoying the many new functions and services provided.
    Welcome to our discussion forum!

Maybe someone will actually be keeping an eye on things now, but that seems unlikely,.

Comment

Some suggestions:

1 - Require every poster to register. No more guests and unregistered who tend to make useless comments and necropost.
      2 - Require every poster to show his/her location and we can no longer see country of origin.
      3 - Lock threads automatically after 45 or 60 days to avoid postings on threads that are months or years old (necroposting).

Comment

Personally, I like "guests" being able to post.
        If they just are visiting and want to make a comment they don't have to register and that saves time.
        And if they want to be more active they usually eventually do register it seems to me.

I know various forums have differing views on this issue.

jk

Comment

It seems they added country of origin back JACK. Just FYI.

Comment

I see it now.

Comment

No flags anymore I note.
              But the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                Personally, I like "guests" being able to post.
                If they just are visiting and want to make a comment they don't have to register and that saves time.
                And if they want to be more active they usually eventually do register it seems to me.

I know various forums have differing views on this issue.
                Most of those comments are useless and contribute nothing - people think this place is like Facebook or some other social media site.

Too much time-wasting crap gets posted here. And the moderstor(s) does nothing to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post
                  Some suggestions:

1 - Require every poster to register. No more guests and unregistered who tend to make useless comments and necropost.
                  2 - Require every poster to show his/her location and we can no longer see country of origin.
                  3 - Lock threads automatically after 45 or 60 days to avoid postings on threads that are months or years old (necroposting).

Right on target with all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwayman View Post

Most of those comments are useless and contribute nothing - people think this place is like Facebook or some other social media site.

Too much time-wasting crap gets posted here. And the moderstor(s) does nothing to stop it.

Well isn't that the fun of all of this? I for one want to give MY opinions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)