X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What information should a caregiver have on record for Power of Attorney

Hi there!

I am a homecare provider and would like to know for liability and accountability, what information should I keep on record for the power of attorney of a client? Is it enough to just ask for a copy of the power of attorney?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Re: What information should a caregiver have on record for Power of Attorney

I wish to inform you that liability may include liability for negligence or malpractice. In performing your duty there may be an issue where other party may claim that you have not performed your duties as required at that time there may be negligence or malpractice claim against you. For power of attorney you must show that person giving power of attorney has given with free consent and with full knowledge of contents of power of attorney. You may also have a witness to power of attorney so that you may show evidence of free consent.

AFF

Comment

Re: What information should a caregiver have on record for Power of Attorney

Originally posted by 4freedom View Post
      Hi there!

I am a homecare provider and would like to know for liability and accountability, what information should I keep on record for the power of attorney of a client? Is it enough to just ask for a copy of the power of attorney?

Thanks in advance,
      Alex
      First, you, being the possessor of the power of attorney, should have the original. Should you ever have to produce it, only the original would be accepted. The grantor's signature should be notarized and witnessed.

The exact powers to be granted under that power of attorney need to be spelled out with any limitations, if any. When one acts for another, exculpatory clauses may not hold up because one has a fiduciary duty to their charge to act responsibly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X