Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settling an Estate in Texas

Father recently passed away leaving a small amount of property without a will. The year before his wife had passed away without a will. Question is the property he has was always listed in his name but I understand in Texas this is called "community property" Since his wife has passed away a year ago and now he has, is her adult child (my fathers stepson) entitled to the property as his biological children? Ty

Re: Settling an Estate in Texas

did he acquire the property before or during the marriage? Did they ever do any activities on the property?
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Settling an Estate in Texas

The property was in both there names from 2000 to till her death in 2011 then the property was placed in his name only. I don't believe any upgrades where ever done. The property has already been through probate and in my name. fyi

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X