Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandson gets nothing?

Hi, My grandfather recently passed away. In his will he left my uncle a coop apartment and my mother jewelry and other valueable... 2 weeks later a bank account is found with 100grand in it which was unknown and not mentioned in the will. Since his only immediate family is me my mom and my uncle considerin i was left nothing in the will Am i entitled to anything?
    by the way after funeral costs we are lookin at 70-75g
    How would i go about "demanding" a share if the will left me nothing but the money was unassigned?

Re: Grandson gets nothing?

The will normally tells how everything extra is to be divided. Review it firstly.

Comment

the will said nothing about this money. it was found after the reading of the will. If the money is not assigned to anybody in particular can i get some?
      the family is as follows
      My GPa (deceased)
      | |
      my uncle my mom
      |
      me
      its only the 3 of us. i was not left anything in the will.

Comment

Sorry I can not answer if you CAN obtain any of the money. Why Gramps failed to account for it- who knows.
        But, you might want to consider your values and priorites. No one is entitled to another person's personal savings. Demanding will mark you as a greedy, self absorbed person. Feeling you are entitled will leave you bitter.
        LIfe is too short for either.

Comment

almost all wills have a residual clause for everything else left over--almost all? are you sure it does not?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X